Any experience of Confidence EQ or Nutricalm?

Tala08

Visit site
Hi everyone,

As the title says really - I'm looking for any experiences people have using either Confidence EQ or Nutricalm for their horses?

My vet suggested them as an alternative to going down the sedation route, so I just wanted to see how much success people have had with them (if any!)?

Thank you.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I used confidence EQ once. Made my stressy one almost comatose for about 3 minutes, and then sharp as a knife moments later. Never again 🤣

Tala08

Visit site
Thanks everyone - please keep them coming.

Made my stressy one almost comatose for about 3 minutes, and then sharp as a knife moments later.

I wasn't sure how long any success would actually take effect for. At least with sedation you've got a rough idea of how long it will last, but it's safe to say that 3 minutes is not quite what I had in mind!! :oops:

bubsqueaks

Visit site
I used Confidence EQ & definitely took the edge off but it would depend what you want to do under sedation tbh - mine was for loading after jumping breast bar.

CourtJester

Visit site
I had success with confidence EQ. My horse used to get really stressy and tense at shows. I used to put it up his nose when we arrived it would have an almost instant effect. I used it for about a year now he is so chilled out I don’t need it any more but if I took him to a new venue I would definitely use it again.

supsup

Visit site
I used Confidence EQ in a competition setting with my gelding, who gets very wound up when he sees his field mate disappear in the distance. (Not at home, only at events.). This has been the bane of our competition life, as we usually travel together with field mate. I can't say it made much of a difference.

Tala08

Visit site
Thanks everyone - people seem to have really varying degrees of success, so it might be a case of trial & error.

I'm looking for something for the farrier. I've not had my mare long and she gets very uneasy with the farrier, particularly with her hind legs (we suspect caused by a previous bad experience). She will eventually let him trim her hind feet but it's clearly not a happy experience. Her mood changes just at the sight of the van pulling in, so I'm just looking for something to take the edge off. I'd like her to relax so she knows it's ok and doesn't stress but still be with it enough to know what's going on.

CourtJester

Visit site
Thanks everyone - people seem to have really varying degrees of success, so it might be a case of trial & error.

I'm looking for something for the farrier. I've not had my mare long and she gets very uneasy with the farrier, particularly with her hind legs (we suspect caused by a previous bad experience). She will eventually let him trim her hind feet but it's clearly not a happy experience. Her mood changes just at the sight of the van pulling in, so I'm just looking for something to take the edge off. I'd like her to relax so she knows it's ok and doesn't stress but still be with it enough to know what's going on.

madamebonnie

Visit site
It was NutraCalm is what I was looking at, I hadn't even clocked the spelling error! Thank you.
I wasn't sure if it was a different product! You can load it up, I use their dog version as well. 3 "Chill pills" later and my terrier is snoozing through the fireworks that normally send her up the walls.