Any Greenwich Gamesmakers here?

amc

Visit site
I'm lucky enough to be a games maker for the Para games at Greenwich.......what are you doing ?

Odd Socks

Visit site
Not strictly a games maker as I'm being paid but yep :) I'll be there for all 15 days waving my arms about :)

Swirlymurphy

Visit site
I'm involved in the XC and then in operations on the final day of the eventing. Have you collected your uniform yet?

Loving the idea of being paid to be a Gamesmaker HJ!

Is anyone else at VST on 14th July?

doratheexplorer

Visit site
I am also on the EVS team at Greenwich for the Paras! Haven't heard anything for a while re uniform collection and venue training!

What days are you working ReggiePerrin and amc??

Faithkat

Visit site
Yep - Accreditation Team and working from Tuesday 24 July until Sunday 12 August with a few days off in between. Anyone else camping at Blackheath Rugby Club?
VST on 15th July. CAn't do 14th, the Olympic torch relay is in my neck of the woods that day and I want to see it . . . .
have got uniform . . . . (think it looks a bit cheap actually, I'm not a great fan of nylon and polyester . . . . . . )

Last edited:

Maloo

Visit site
**waves arms and bounces up and down** Yes Im in Greenwich too - just on XC day as part of the Technology Team!

I picked up my uniform last Saturday and its not as bad as I thought it would be - in fact I was pleasantly surprised given the number of volunteers that have had to kit out!

I'm involved in the XC and then in operations on the final day of the eventing. Have you collected your uniform yet?

Loving the idea of being paid to be a Gamesmaker HJ!

Is anyone else at VST on 14th July?

SM - Yes Im there PM on the 14th (but you already knew that via FB - dont forget to message me your number and will try and catch up!!)

Last edited:

abbijay

Visit site
Hello fellow GMs!!!!
I'm doing 2 weeks from the second dressage day of the 3DE and I'm part of the stables team so I'm hoping to get to stroke some of the best horses in the world! I'm getting really giddy about it now.
I'm collecting my uniform on Saturday and my VST is 15th pm. If anyone's about give me a shout!
I met a fellow HHOer at my first training at Wembley but I'll let Xander find her way here to introduce herself.
I also have tickets to quite a few sessions of the Para dressage so I'm going to see some of the action for the second bit!
Abbi x

Superhot

Visit site
I'm a Crossing Steward on the xc and will be at VST on 16th July. Does anyone know which bus stop for the park entrance coming from Blackheath please?

Xander

Visit site
I'm a Crossing Steward on the xc and will be at VST on 16th July. Does anyone know which bus stop for the park entrance coming from Blackheath please?

Go to www.tfl.gov.uk and try the Journey Planner. You can put in stops and postcodes. They have bus route maps on there too.
Also, London buses tend to be slightly better organised in that they have displays and announcements to tell you where you are and where you are going. Or ask the driver - they are mostly friendly and helpful. As a last resort (and I mean last resort,) ask Abbijay if she can organise a 4-legged lift for you. :D

abbijay

Visit site
Go to www.tfl.gov.uk and try the Journey Planner. You can put in stops and postcodes. They have bus route maps on there too.
Also, London buses tend to be slightly better organised in that they have displays and announcements to tell you where you are and where you are going. Or ask the driver - they are mostly friendly and helpful. As a last resort (and I mean last resort,) ask Abbijay if she can organise a 4-legged lift for you. :D

He he he :D I can't do that!!! Mostly cos there's nothing big or hairy enough for me to want to steal it... :p
(for anyone who wants to see why they're too small and skinny click on the link in my sig)

Swirlymurphy

Visit site
I think the only gate that we can use as volunteers is the one used for the test event entrance, ie down at the bottom of the Park - the Queen's gate I think it is called.

ReggiePerrin

Visit site
I'm doing VST on the 24th 10am to 1pm, anyone else? And I'm working Thursday 30 to Tuesday with Monday off. if our shifts match up maybe we need to have a HHO beer!

Mabel Mare

Visit site
For those working at the Paras, make sure you take a sandwich with you as you may not always get a meal break. I have just worked at Greenwich & we had several days where we had no breaks in 8 hours! I was an Operations Steward & then worked in the stables for two days (which was better managed). Make sure that you don't get dumped on by those volunteers that are only there to watch the action & make sure you are treated fairly.
I am hoping the new team at the Paras will be better and will look after us properly. I am on "field of play" at the paras & I am really looking forward to it. I can't believe I am sooooo lucky to have been given this post. Is anyone else back of house at the Paras?

BEVol

Visit site
After 7 days at Greenwich I will be back of house for 4 days at Paras (Greenwich). Can't wait, I miss the action so much! Agree with earlier comment. I only managed lunch 2 days out of the 7 I worked and ended up taking my own food in and invariably ate lunch during the train journey home!