Any other fell pony owners?

StarFell

Visit site
Just curious, are there any other fell pony owners or riders on H&H? I absolutely adore the breed, so full of personality and great allrounders! This is my little man, Waverhead Starboy, who I've owned for nearly 5 years:

P1070464.jpg

P1060871.jpg

Flicker

Visit site
Oh wow, he's gorgeous! I don't own a fell, but absolutely love them. They are so hardy and gentle. I was fortunate enough to visit a fell stud in the Lake District and we went out to meet all the mares and also the youngsters. They were so friendly and inquisitive, I could have taken the whole lot home with me!
Enjoy your pony - he is fab!

StarFell

Visit site
Flicker, which stud did you visit? I live in the Lake District :)

Naza: We did quite a bit of showing a couple of years ago and he absolutely loves jumping, at the minute we're just enjoying doing a LOT of hacking. He's not you're stereotypical fell, thinks he's a thoroughbred, those little legs can shift! Haha!

Walrus

Visit site
Me! I have a Fell! I've had him a year now and he's 5 rising 6. He's by Murthwaite Black Bobby by Greenholme Jewel (although he doesn't have a prefix himself). I broke him in last year. He's fabulous - got lots of character and can be a stubborn little thing! Hoping to crack on with his schooling this year and he'll go on to do some showing and be a bit of all rounder. Meanwhile he would just like to eat!! :D :D

katherine1975

Visit site
I think Saffy is a fell x, I'm not sure of her breeding as she is a rescue pony who I have on loan from World Horse Welfare. She is 14.3hh and vey cheeky!

Veewedding023.jpg

Kadastorm

Visit site
I used to have a lovely little fell. I had to sell her almost 2 years ago though, not that i wanted to. She was 13.2 and out of heltondale pride III. She was stunning and very cheeky. If i could, i would have her back. i will find some photos :)

friesian80

Visit site
Hi I own a Fell, his pedigree name is Drybarrows Ray but is known as 'Jack'. I bought him for my daughter who absolutely adores him. He is 8 years old and can also drive, owned him for a year so far.
This a pic of him when we first got him, we have worked hard to get his fitness up and his weight down.
DSC03019.jpg

DSC02897.jpg

72046_1739136234357_1117185673_31935484_7076482_n.jpg

DSC03632.jpg

tabithakat64

Visit site
I had two registered Fell Ponies as projects last year, they were fantastic safe all rounders, I would have one again in a heartbeat.

Lordships Greenwin
WRCR_9239Class19web.jpg

WRCR_9100Class177x5web.jpg

Underwoods GreenBay
SIP0013_gp_c1_100619.jpg

Faye23June087.jpg

Dolly is a fell x dales allegedly. Black with a lovely star on her face, feathering but not anywhere near as much as some. Her tail is beautiful. She is 14'1 and heading rapidly for 30 now.
She was for my son at 9 years old but he's now almost 6ft tall at nearly 14.
In warmer weather my youngest son (aged 8) will gently hack her just to get her out and about as he's the lightest. My 9&10 yr old daughters are quite chunky and altho I'm sure dolly won't object, it won't help her.

NormandJ.J

Visit site
Me! Norman aka. Bignor Foxtrot a 14hh, 9 year old hunk of a fell! Who I've owned for 2 and a half years.
He used to do a lot of showing with his old owners and was quite succesful at it. I'm hoping to do a bit of local stuff with him this year. I also do some endurance rides with him, and he's turned his hoof to a bit of dressage as well. He adores jumping it's the thing he loves most in the world apart from food lol. So I'm hoping to get him round a few sj classes and a hunter trial or two this year, as he had a quiet year last year because of sarcoid issues.
Oh and he also thinks he's a racehorse/showjumper/dressage diva/top 3 day eventer! And has a so what attitude to most things. Nothing worries him, although he can get a tad strong.;)
All of your fells above are lush! I just love fells as a breed. They are such versitle fun alrounders!
Here's Norm!:
035.jpg

038.jpg

Normdressage.jpg

Normansmartypants.jpg

Sorry for the photo overload!

Rosiefell

Visit site
I've had my Fell since she was rising 4 and she's 15 now! She's by Tebay Campbellton Victor out of Heltondale Rosanna XII. I have so much fun with her, she's a bit tricky to handle at home but totally unflappable otherwise.

598a5ff6.jpg

rosiebeach6-500x332.jpg

IMG-2.jpg

Devoncounty08007.jpg

Piglet

Visit site
We had a Fell pony for a couple if years ago, she was great fun, full pf character, she would drink coffee or tea out of a mug, sometimes when she was bored, she would take herself off for a gallop around the field for no reason and then put her head back to eat. She was only 13hh but such fun, we had to sell her when we moved house, I still miss her like crazy, she was a really fun pony to ride and own. :(

gillianfleming

Visit site
I help my sister with her 2.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47015540@N00/3486556126/in/set-72157600512722745/
This is Inglegarth Athena, she's by Heltondale Lucky Lad II out of Stennerskeugh Rossamund. She's about 9 months pregnant in the picture, sister bought her as a 4 yo from the sales and she's now 16.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47015540@N00/3595856754/in/set-72157600512722745/
And we also have her daughter Luffen Calluna, she's now about 18months old, must get some more recent pics of her. She's by Carrock I'm Yer Man.

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
I don't have one but I would love one to drive. I am lucky as we live in Cumbria and a lady up the road from our 2 breeds them, so I hack past the babies, they fascinate Fany. They are a lovely, if stubborn, breed.

All these are gorgeous, I think Norman looks a real sweetie!
FDC

NormandJ.J

Visit site
I don't have one but I would love one to drive. I am lucky as we live in Cumbria and a lady up the road from our 2 breeds them, so I hack past the babies, they fascinate Fany. They are a lovely, if stubborn, breed.

All these are gorgeous, I think Norman looks a real sweetie!
FDC

He is when he wants to be! :rolleyes::D

inglisdrever

Visit site
awww Fell ponies are just way too cute :p I learnt to ride on (as well as my sisters and a young girl who now has a share in him :)) a fell pony which we still have hes full name is Wolds Yaffle, aka Yaffle :)
where we keep him Yaffles old owner had 6 fell ponies including an 11year mare a 3year old gleind and 4 yearlings going 2year olds they are so cute and hard to tell apart :L and not long ago another fell pony foal came and we found out he is Yaffles cousin :D
Yaffle -
182.jpg

235.jpg

I dont seem to have any photos of the other fell ponies on my computer although they did have a photo session :p :(

Walrus

Visit site
Oh my goodness how cute is Yaffle?! That face is adorable in that second pic! I used to ride a Wolds fell - Wolds Woodcock - he was full of character!

And after a small incident earlier today if anyone would like a tank-like fell pony who seems to have lost all ability to come in from the field on 4 legs and instead prefers 2 please let me know - I'll package him up and post him first thing! :D

tillysmum

Visit site
I have a 10 year old Fell Pony mare, Tillys Destiny, dam Greenholme Maisie sire Drybarrows Rusty. She's brown with a large white star and white on both back feet. I got her from a friend when she was 6 months old :), before I got Tilly I had a Fell gelding, Mr Peat, dam Stouphill Mayflower sire Heltondale Black Prince 3 who sadly went to rainbow bridge aged 10 :(

Kadastorm

Visit site
just wondered if anyone knows where my old pony is...worth a try asking you guys!
Her reg name is FP Rosie but i named her Magic. She was about 13.2/13.3 and would be 6 this year. She went to a lady and her son in Hatfield in 2009 and wondered if they still had her?
I miss her and would have her back if i could.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Loving all the fell photos brings back so many happy memories! :)

Memories indeed :)

Will drop you a PM nickslynn, we used to compete together many years ago.... ;)
If you guess, dont reveal who I am ;) but the names Silver, Cloudy, Blue, and many more etc, ought to ring some bells from when I was out on the circuits (also, I still have the videos from when we did showing back at Oxford - pairs class etc)
Hope the family are doing well?
xx

Walrus

Visit site
Loving all the fell photos brings back so many happy memories! :)
Walrus did you show woodcock in the late 90's? His name seems to ring a few bells!

Heya. No I didn't but a good friend of mine did. I used to help her out at shows around 2000 and ride for her at home. Woody was a hunk and the most gorgeous colour!