Any real/ true VIP pad reviews?

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I am thinking about purchasing a VIP pad for one of my horses and was wondering if anyone had any real life reviews on it? Googling has only shown me sponsored reviews etc and haven't found much searching on here. I had seen it helps horses that hold a lot of back tension but I'm unwilling to fork out that much money if it's just good marketing!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
There are quite a few posts on here, i found it made a difference to one horse (became easier to get her to work over the back) and no difference to the other. I sold mine as the horse who wore it is retired but its on the wishlist to get another as I think my tight TB might appreciate it.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I didn’t find much difference on topaz who is fairly advanced, and does work well over her back.

However, Skylla feels much softer in it. So I think the amount of difference is dependent on where the horse is schooling wise. I’m keen to carry on using it and feel it was a great purchase.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
too small at the front for WOW saddles, the panel over hangs the pad.

There is apparently a bigger high wither version on the way.

McFluff

Visit site
I’ve just got one, arrived on Monday. My horse is just beginning to let go in his back, and was taking about half an hour in a schooling session for him to release. This week we’ve definitely got there faster. Had a lesson today and instructor was very pleased with progress. She didn’t know I’d changed anything.
I went for it as i wanted some cushioning for him without affecting the saddle fit.
So far, so good. Will be interesting to see if physio notices a difference in October.

black and brown

Visit site
I've been using one for about three months and I have noticed a difference. His trot is more free moving out hacking and in the school his canter is much improved. Previously I used to bounce but I can sit to it now and sitting trot is also more comfortable. I'm usually a sceptic about these type of products and the claims made but so far I'm quite impressed.

SEL

Visit site
Makes a huge difference with the micro cob - even though she really needs a pony sized one.

The horse it was bought for though shows no change if its on or off.

sherry90

Visit site
Not a dramatic difference (and it doesn’t really claim to) but I am a marketing persons dream so got one anyway. I’m happy that its purpose is to lessen impact and disperse any pressure better than without. I ride religiously with it, can’t say it makes him move any better than without.

Reactions: TPO

TPO

Visit site
I've just bought one but havent used it yet so cant comment.

TBH not really expecting it to make a huge difference as saddle fits, horse has physio and everything is done to make and keep him as comfortable and strong as possible. I bought it more in the hope that itd a preventative and that all my thumping about doesnt cause long term damage.

On the last long thread about them someone shared the VIP post where they said it wont make your horse Valegro and you might not feel a difference but that's not what they are claiming it will do. It's a safeguard I guess?

I'm not a scientist or even a quarter as intelligent as many posters plus, as above, I'm a marketing persons dream. However I was impressed with their demo videos and having conducted my own very scientific experiment (putting my hand under the pad then hitting it harder and harder. Couldnt feel it so got superdad to replicate with same results) I'm happy to believe that at worst it does no harm and at best it helps to prevent harm.

I bought the brown one and there had been a discussion on the colouring. Like @PatchyBabyHorse I found that it was a nice plain brown and matches my havanna saddles perfectly.