Any tips for shrinking a youngster?

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
My vote is measure them, when they get to the height you want stop measuring then :p, Skylla hasn't been measured since she was five!

Trouble is I fear I’ve missed the boat on measuring him. Perhaps I stick with the same line as the breeder when asked his height when I purchased, their answer? “Average height for a weanling” ?

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
As someone who is 5ft 11" I'm always fascinated when people want their horses to stop growing lol. My bestie is only 5ft though and invited me to hover around her height to see what my "little" (15.2) cob looks like at her eye level...I get it now ???

Nicnac

Visit site
Get him measured in Ireland. Mines from Goresbridge and said 15.2 on the sales brochure. He managed to grow a hand on the ferry between Ireland and Wales at 4. He hasn't been measured since......

Jules111

Visit site
There are a few sellers who could lend you their measuring stick. I viewed a lovely 15:2 sports horse that scraped it's head along the roof of the 9ft stable door. I've ridden smaller 17:2 horses. I think the rule is pick a height and kid yourself.