Any truly waterproof jackets …

jnb

Visit site
Glad you posted about the Equetech as I was considering it. If you're a L @Tiddlypom the XL wouldn't go anywhere near me :(
Back to the drawing board.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
It's a lovely and reassuringly heavy soft shell jacket. I'm a bit miffed that I'm in a large, after losing stacks of weight, but hey, it's only a label!

Do they call it a softshell? Being a bit pedantic but at 16,000 waterproofing I'd doubt it is, waterproof shell fabric comes in a massive variety of feels and finishes now, some of them are stretch (eg Polartec Neoshell). Most softshells are only water resistant, though they can be massively high water resistant, especially as they won't have taped seams which will eventually let rain in.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I found a fab new jacket yesterday. Wasn't even looking for one, was simply browsing the horsey shop as it was chucking it down...

It is a Kerritts rain jacket, down below the knees.

Why so good then?

The design is amazing! Most longer jackets make me look as if I am dressed in a bag, this one is tailored, even I look feminine! The waterproofness is 5,000, sweat evaporation 3,000, it has additional underarm zips for sweat incase you really get warm too.

It also has magnets! The inner zip does up, then the storm flap does up automatically with magnets.

It is for riding too. The back flap automatically undoes as you mount, with magnets! Then, when you get off, it does itself up again, to a slim profile. The flap itself is not so long as to cause immediate bucking problems, but IS long enough to cofer the saddle, so no rain seeping into knickers!!! Your legs are also covered, with leg straps, so legs and almost the whole saddle will be dry.

The neck is really high, and when the hood is zipped into the neck, it stands up by itself.

The material just feels really posh, lovely.

Just looked it up, it is marketed as the Kerritts Coach Coat.

Squeak

Visit site
Reading this thread has made me realise that I don't have a single waterproof jacket. All I do is swap to another one until it gets soaked through or I just leave it on and get wet and then when I ride I put a fleece underneath the jacket and hope for the best.

How and why have I not realised this before?! I'm wondering now if there might now be a whole new drier and warmer world waiting for me.

Nudibranch

Visit site
I found a fab new jacket yesterday. Wasn't even looking for one, was simply browsing the horsey shop as it was chucking it down...

It is a Kerritts rain jacket, down below the knees.

Why so good then?

Just looked it up, it is marketed as the Kerritts Coach Coat.

Red does this have any fill? I'm very tempted to order but it would be winter wear so I need some kind of warmth. Their description suggests possibly not...

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Red does this have any fill? I'm very tempted to order but it would be winter wear so I need some kind of warmth. Their description suggests possibly not...

No, they did have others with fill, but I was blown away with the design and how fancy I felt wearing it.

I wear mountaineering stuff for severe weather.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Anyone else thinking of getting the Equetech Venture Elite trench coat better crack on. I had the following reply from Equetech re my enquiry about sizing.

If you are planning on wearing layers I would maybe go for the bigger size.

Unfortunately we will not be getting anymore of the Coats in so once they are gone they are gone.

I'm super impressed with the service from Griggs, who I hadn't used before. Items received with 24 hours of placing the order, and a free return for the not needed medium size coat organised with pick up from home by Royal Mail tomorrow.

So if anyone wants a medium in grey, Griggs will soon have one back in stock...

It has the magnetic pockets, too. They are really cool, aren't they!