anybody else actually given up riding this week wheather wise

Ratface

Visit site
Rode a couple of times last week. Low key stuff in the school. Nothing since. Fortunately, the Orange Loon is exercising himself, most days. Laps round the field, airs above the ground, handbrake turns and sliding stops. Obviously not taking into account the fact that he's rising 30 years of age. Fed very plain. I don't suppose he'll change much now.
If the weather settles, I'll see about getting back on next week . . .

daydreamer

Visit site
I managed to ride my share horse Tuesday morning before the wind and rain. I have him Friday which I expect will be a day with no turnout so I'll have to go twice to sort his hay/stable etc. I also have him Sat and Sun but not sure if I'll manage to ride him. Might go in the school if it isn't too bad.

I'm more annoyed that I have the week off and wanted to do a bit more in hand stuff with my youngster but don't really fancy it in this weather, sod's law this is the week it's bad!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
anybody else given up trying to ride this week , wheather awful here alarm went off at 4.30am to ride before work and was just howling round , not fancying my chances on a 6 year old ethier , they both been turned out every day so not stood in ,wheather forcast to get worse so think will just write this week off mini holiday for them farrier this week also .

roll on summer xx
Only because I am suffering from hip bursitis. otherwise no still lunging , trainer riding, as we have indoor and outdoor schools.

Melody Grey

Visit site
Of all weeks, I’ve inadvertently chosen this one for a lameness/ loss of performance work up at the vets....ridden videos may be ‘interesting’ ? ...had it booked for some time, so unfortunate but that’s life!

maya2008

Visit site
We’ve ridden every day so far, but it hasn’t been all that windy here (south west). Mine are sensible and live out, so wind tends not to rile them up. They have to stand in it all day, riding in it doesn’t phase them.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
Rode in the field monday, short safe hack tuesday, schooled last night and will probably do a short hack tonight as well.

However, I anticipate doing nothing on friday and cancelled my dressage lesson saturday already as the wind amd rain still isnt looking very nice then either.

I am glad I live down south, not sure I am tough enough to do winter in the north - hope no one has too much damage inflicted.

chaps89

Visit site
Had a lovely hack yesterday and good schooling session as it got light this morning.
Rode at crack of dawn this morning instead of my normal leisurely Friday morning given tomorrows forecast.

smolmaus

Visit site
I have an RS lesson tonight at 7pm, haven't got a cancellation message yet but I wouldn't be surprised! Not many people riding this week at my yard either. It's been absolutely miserable.

I might still try and lunge the ponio tomorrow if the arena isn't frozen. A bit of gusty wind might give her a little more zoom which wouldn't be completely unwelcome ?

humblepie

Visit site
Hacked followed by a bit of cantering in the school this morning. We are down south so actually quite nice at present. Day off tomorrow and Saturday I think. I don't like the windy weather myself but he is pretty good in the wind but lots of trees round where we hack and round the arena.

Muddywellies

Visit site
I've carried on as normal. Though tomorrow (Friday) will definitely be a day off for us both. I'm always aware of flying debris and tomorrow really doesn't look safe.

Annagain

Visit site
Charlie's having a break at the moment but I would not be riding this week even if he wasn't. They're forecasting 100mph + gusts for our area tomorrow :eek:. I'm organising a clinic Sunday and getting bombarded with "are you going to cancel" texts. At the moment we're looking at 35mph on Sunday, if they go to 40+ I think we'll have to cancel. Especially if tomorrow does significant damage so things are hanging by a thread on Sunday.

Roxylola

Visit site
I managed to ride one on Tuesday but had too much on to ride both. I normally try and make sure I do one per day at least and both whenever possible.
Yesterday was horrendous, today is a bit better so I might get a sit on tonight. Tomorrow is a write off, Saturday might be ok, Sunday is back to 50mph gusts. Even early next week is windy still ?
We have very limited turn out so I normally make sure they get a bit of paddock time or walker one end of the day and ridden the other, or paddock one end and walker the other depending how much time I have to ride

Hallo2012

Visit site
4yo has had a week off with an abscess and although he looked sound this morning i was aiming for sat or sun to get back on for a gentle walk.

i think i might lunge first..........

Tarragon

Visit site
I don't have to do anything with the ponies as they are field-kept, but I have been doing some in-hand work with my unbacked pony most days - until this week! Keeping the ponies on top of a hill at 1000ft and with no facilities it means it is very exposed and it has just been too windy to be safe or enjoyable :-( I have lost all my momentum and motivation and I can't wait for it to calm down a bit.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Very lucky to for a jumping lesson in this afternoon, it was windy and some rain, but nothing too bad.

I think he has worked every day since new year! Some days would be a walk round the long block though (just over half an hour) and some days a quick lunge. Mostly it has been lessons or slightly longer hacks.

I have been lucky, I work part time and it has just fallen right.

Tomorrow will be a day off though, looking at the forecast LOL.

greenbean10

Visit site
I've somehow managed to avoid the worst of the weather (although it hasn't been too bad here) and got them both worked ready for a duvet day today! Hoping to ride tomorrow and Sunday too. I have 2 being rehabbed from various injuries so really try to keep going - if I stop I lose motivation!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Yes, sadly. I always wonder if I’m being ott but living on top of an exposed hill where it’s windy at the best of times it’s been pretty rough this week. I rode and led on Monday, worked all day Tuesday but since then I’ve just accepted they are having a bit of time off!
That said 6 horses have just trotted flat out past my house, 3 ridden 3 led, two of the riders looked less than comfortable about the situation!