Anybody else horses feeling fresh 😆😆😆🙈🙈

racebuddy

Visit site
Hi

Anybody elSes horses feeling fresh , 🙈🙈🙈 mine definitely is ,
Hacked out tonight spent the entire hack jogging / snorting/ thinking of a anything but walk 🙈🙈🙈 should be having chilled hack pony obviously has other idea 💡

Equi

Visit site
Old boy is not he is too hot in his fluff...we may need to get rid of that! My 3yo filly is running rings around me with tail in the air and pretending she has never heard of the word "halter" usually taking my 20yo with her, which sets off the stallion in the paddock over. FUN

Visit site
Nope. Mine are all too fat and lazy to raise more than a half arsed jog when food appears. And to be fair the racehorses haven't really changed much either despite being clipped etc. But they are in full, hard work and it's nothing new to them.

racebuddy

Visit site
Hes in full work , out in the field too and goes on the treadmill, just made me laugh how good he is obviously feeling like its spring !!

Myloubylou

Visit site
Mine was channeling her inner Arab this evening on the lunge. When her blood is up her tail goes up & she does this massive slow mo trot. Looks very flashy

JFTDWS

Visit site
Mine have been fairly cheery to hack for the last couple of weeks, but Fergs lost his marbles on Saturday at someone doing some fencing behind a hedge - we had snorting, piaffing, some (fairly restrained, for F) standing up, nearly fell in a ditch... And not because the human was being unreasonable - she was actually very helpful, calling out to him, but he's a muppet! He also spent a lot of time on Sunday spinning around and being a twit while tied to my trailer :rolleyes:

Today, Dae decided to race my poor dog along the bridleway. He's a fat arse, but he can shift when he wants to :oops:

Tonto_

Visit site
Yes! Normall a fairly lazy laid back cob (when ridden) this week I've had rearing, jogging and dancing around when schooling! Also had a lot of galloping, bronking and just generally flying through the air in the field!

albeg

Visit site
Mine had the "I've been clipped and I'm ticklish" oingy boingies twice on Friday (despite being perfect on Tuesday, two days after clipping) and has now had 3 days off, so tomorrow may be interesting - a quick whirl on the lunge before our lesson might be required.

Bernster

Visit site
Its the 4th year with my boy so don’t think it’s the season or coat change. I’m putting it down to having upped his oats but I do have more horse than normal. It’s good, and he needs to be sharper, but I need to learn how to channel it and not to freak out when we are in exciting situations! First drag hunt of the season this weekend, yoiks.

vmac66

Visit site
Mine has taken to squealing as soon as I take her headcollar off and galloping down the field every morning. It's great in the dark and the mud.

Asha

Visit site
Yep, my usually charming chilled out mare turned into a loon the other day. was like sitting on a bottle of pop and waiting for it to go off. Back up head down, snorty madam, I decided to kick on and try and keep her mind focused. It worked, after 15mins she finally settled, last night only took 5 mins. So hoping tonight normal service has been resumed. It must the drop in temperature.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
Mine is feeling very well at the moment both under saddle and in hand (or loose should I say!). I've had a couple of occasions now where she has taken advantage of my trust and pegged it down the slip whilst turning out, once when I told her to wait whilst I undid the fence and let go of her headcollar to avoid leading her into a muddy puddle (I had taught her to stand still and she had been doing so for about 8 days by this stage) and the second time was the other night when I turned her out, led her to her gate, gave her treats and then 'launched her' over the muddy gateway by taking off her head collar quickly whilst walking forwards fast! Again for seven or eight days she'd been 'launching' like a pro, but this time I took off her headcollar and she ducked out at the last minute....

Found her rolling with glee in his friends paddock after leaving huge divots in her paddock where he'd had a gallop and a fa*t! Clearly thought it was wonderful fun to outsmart mum.

horsegirl11

Visit site
Funny you should say that....

I went jumping at the weekend and my horse, who's normally falling asleep and as laid back as they come, was bouncing round the car park!! I was laughing, but mum not so much!!!!!

NinjaPony

Visit site
My normally sensible boy spooked at a horse behind a hedge whilst I was leading him for a cool down walk and lept in the air, landing smack bang on my foot. Pain beyond pain! Hoping he hasn't done any proper damage but I'm feeing sorry for myself!

StephBiscuit

Visit site
I fell off my friend's cob today - was going well and we were just about horrible off in canter in the top corner, when the arena pump went off, and Max bucked in fright! He's 23!

Cowpony

Visit site
Yep, I asked for medium canter in the school tonight and got more than I expected! Anybody know of a dressage test that requires gallop between M and F?

Abi90

Visit site
My very sensible, always the same wherever she goes mare and canters very slowly on a hack mare... zoomed off yesterday and I had to use a hedge to pull up!

Upthecreek

Visit site
My very sensible, always the same wherever she goes mare and canters very slowly on a hack mare... zoomed off yesterday and I had to use a hedge to pull up!
I did this once but to a gate and the bugger jumped it like he was a gazelle - absolutely terrifying 😱

iggyoggy

Visit site
Had a lesson on my hairy cob, was like walking through deep mud, came home and clipped him, took him for a spin and had a snorting dragon !