Anyone actually bought a IW 511?

Angelbones

Visit site
I've got to upgrade my 505 to something bigger and really wanted to find a decent 510 but they are like hen's teeth and I keep being pipped to the post despite calling the day ads are placed
frown.gif

So, spoke to my dealer and he has offered me a good deal on a new 511, which isn't that much more than the prices of the 510s I've been looking at.

I've searched this forum and read all the posts about roof mould, catches breaking etc, and wondered if anyone actually has one and could give me some first hand info on how they are getting on, as opposed to "I've heard that...." etc.

Delivery is about 6 weeks so I need to get on and place the order next week if I decide to get one.

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer. All advice gratefully received guys, many thanks.
smile.gif

Alternatively, anyone thinking of selling their 510, pref black, up to about 4 years old, good home offered
wink.gif

3Beasties

Visit site
I have one and am really pleased with it. It has got a moldy roof at the moment but that is just because I haven't got round to taking it in to get sorted. I don't think you will have a mold problem if you get a new one as they will have been pre-treated. *touches wood* I haven't had any problems with catches but I have only used it about 5 times for traveling (have done tons of loading practice though).

If you can get it for a good price I would say go for it, IMO they are better then the older 505/510 models as they are a lot lighter inside which makes them seem bigger and more inviting for the horse. You also get the option of which side you want the ramp which was one of the main reasons I went for one.

xena_wales

Visit site
QR
Yes, I've got one. I bought it brand new and have had it a month now, and overall I'm pleased with it. The new door catches are so much quicker than the old style ones, and the windows are fab!.

However! It has gone mouldy inside, on virtually all the surfaces, apart from the roof!! It did this within a week of me owning it! So I'll give it a wipe down with Flash when I get round to it, see if that stops it for good. The other annoying thing is that all of the padding, both on the side walls and the partitions has started bowing out and looking creased and shabby.

I want to take some pics for my records anyway, so can post them up if wanted.

D

Donkeymad

I don't have one myself, but two of my friends do. they have both had unsolvable problems with mould on the roof.

Angelbones

Visit site
Xena - thanks. Just wondered if you have tried to contact IW about it? I have emailed them asking what warranties / guarantees they offer on new trailers but of course getting them to actually stand by them could be a different matter. I've had my 505 for 4 years and never had any problems at all, so all this news is really starting to put me off a new 511. Thanks for replying x

nick3216

Visit site
We have a 511. We've used it at least weekly for the past 8 months, locally, up and down motorways (OH draghunts and I compete dressage). I LOVE this trailer. It has a tiny bit of mould on the roof but only because we never bothered to get it treated when invited to by IW. It's great to tow, the horses (one of which is only just 4) travel really well on it and it's very light and airy inside.

Can't recommend it highly enough really.

nick3216

Visit site
Actually, all I would say is don't get the additional head guard thingy because it's a pain opening the partition at the front, and go for the wheeled tack locker rather than the fixed one because there's loads more room in it.