Anyone done Pet Plan Area Festival

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Don't panic!

The AF isn't much different to a normal show. There will probably be more people in your class and more flowers around the arena.

You will be tack checked before you go in and, depending on the venue, there may be a commentator who introduces you and reads out your biography form (try to include something interesting on there!).

Good luck, have fun and don't forget to collect your plaque!

leflynn

Visit site
Don't forget the plaque! We did our first last year at one of our closeby venues, was great as they had photog for a change, lots of banners and flowers out and 3 judges as opposed to one (three lots of feedback)

Smile and have fun as they are just like normal comps just a bit bigger :D

mrsh2010

Visit site
I don't bother with the Bio form. Unless I really want to.

I did my AF the weekend just gone, had a ball. Volunteered on the Saturday for the Prelims and rode in the Novice. theres a report further down the page.

It's great fun. Only difference is the flowers and tack checks.

Enjoy it!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Depends if you've got a spooky horse or not.Mine tends not to be too bothered about the flowers but will usually get paranoid about a grain of sand 200 yards away instead. Perhaps try experimenting with popping different objects around the arena at home to get your horse used to it, if you think you might have a spooker.

On the day, focus on getting your horse really on your aids, and try to ignore the flowers etc :) Chances are it won't be a problem.