Anyone Else Lacking Motivation?

3Beasties

Visit site
I am NOT complaining about the Sun buttttt is are any of you finding you are lacking in motivation to ride as it's so hot?

I don't think it helps that I've had a busy couple of weeks but I have ridden less then I have in ages and am really having to push myself to ride. Doesn't help that the ground is like concrete so am only hacking and sticking to walking and trotting at the moment!

I really want to start lessons with the new beast but with the weather the way it is I know I will be half dead after 5 minutes so there's no point!

Once on I usually enjoy it! Going to get up at 6am tomorrow and ride both. Then I've got the rest of the day free to slob in the garden :D

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Yesterday I was reaaaaally lacking in the motivation department. Was very keen to get up to the yard, give B a bath, take pics of my sister riding him, but as soon as I got on...bam the keenness vanished and I just couldn't be bothered. Ended up having a quick trot and canter and then got off.
Thinking of going up to the yard really early on Wednesday and taking him for a 7am hack. Maybe that will wake us both up!!

Donnie Darco

Visit site
By the bucket load :rolleyes:

Not helped by the fact me and mare have lost a little confidence in each other :(

Blurgh :p

Riding at 6am is good idea though ;)

Abbeygale

Visit site
Usually this time if year is a complete waste on me! All the long days and I have had zero motivation. But this year, very weirdly, I've been dead motivated! We've been to RC camp, done xc for the first time, done SJ and had SJ lessons, and moved from prelim to novice dressage. Big highlight for me yesterday, despite the hideous heat was riding my very first half pass on my mare :D. I a) never thought this horse would ride half pass (and easily) and b) have never trained a horse from scratch to doing half pass!

I'm on cloud 9 :D

TallulahBright

Visit site
Another one here who had lesson in immense heat yesterday, my girl is coming on sooo well! We're on leg yield, last week it was all very confusing, yesterday she just got it. Instructor v pleased, week's 6.30am work worth it!!! I love my girlie! :D

Ahrena

Visit site
Majorly!

I enjoy it once I'm on but quite frankly don't want to at the moment! I'm fine if i ride in the morning, but that means 4am starts whichis painful.

I've managed to keep the horse in normal work, I need to as i event but ugh!

tubby1

Visit site
In Scotland it was roasting last week & I had 5 days off riding just couldn't be bothered . It's a bit cooler now & motivation is back :D