Anyone ever met THIS out hacking?

Natch

Visit site
I've met the naked rambler on a footpath through a field I ride in. He had boots and socks and a rucksack on :)

My horse would not take his eyes of the man's groin, and even when we had passed him he was craning his neck back so far in fascination of seeing things he's never seen on a human before that he almost fell over :) :) :)

:D That's brilliant!!

Some of these are so funny! I don't think I can think of any myself, apart from the memorable naked couple sunbathing, whom my horse completely ignored. :cool:

E_Lister

Visit site
My next door neighbour practices the bagpipes in the middle of fields...

It is bad enough when you don't know them, but he strikes conversation up with me, whilst the remaining air wheezes out of the pipes. Luckily, pony doesn't bat an eyelid.

He also tends to listen to bagpipe music in his car, at full vloume. We can always tell when he arrives home!

We live in east yorkshire and he doesn't have a drop of scottish blood in him!!

RobinHood

Visit site
Have passed 50+ people stood on one leg with their arms out and their eyes shut in Richmond Park, presumably yogo/thai chi?

Dottie

Visit site
Many years ago, i was hacking my pony along the farm tracks when i noticed a group of pigeons in the field that i was riding alongside. They didn't fly away as i approached, which i thought was very strange.
Anyway, I stopped my pony beside them to see what was going on (all the while talking to myself and clucking at the pigeons!)

They looked real (in my defense!), but unfortunately as i realized they were stuffed birds i heard an 'Ahem' behind me. I turned around to see a man in full green camouflaged gear complete with netting and gun hiding in the hedge!
I was so mortified i could do nothing more than trot off!

riversideeu

Visit site
I was once out hacking on my pony years ago down a country lane when a man jumped out of his car in a wet suit and flippers with two hot water bottles strung round his neck.
I later found out that he had fettish for rubber and little girls on ponies, and this was regular behaviour until the police caught him.

I also once saw a number of naked adults prancing round their garden flapping their arms which quite terrified my pony. Me shouting woa as we flew past never even put them off their stride.

We also once ended up in someones back garden whilst they were sun bathing. The bridleway had an electric fence up one side and the garden hedge up the other. as I turned my pony to close a gate his bottom touched the fence and we shot through the hedge into the garden. There was no way back and after saying sorry we had to ride across their lawn and up their drive to exit.

BlizzardBudd

Visit site
i have fortunatly met any naked lovers in field nor have i ever seen a life size dinosaur... but we once put a plastic cow \t the end of the farm lane to see what the horses would think to it (the farm does have cows and they sometimes share a field). my mare was fine, but i didnt know that they had put it there and nearly had a heart attack! it was not funny... but the farmer seemed to think it was :D

Karran

Visit site
I met a stunt unicyclist once bouncing up and off a bank. Horse couldn't care less. It was me that nearly had the heart attack!

Molly'sMama

Visit site
Poor chap thought he was all alone!

I did on friday meet an unexpected Street Party, balloons, Bunting, Bouncy castle!!!!
EEkkk! - A few bounces and we trotted past as quickly as possible.

The worst thing was some Kadets training in full camo jumping out of the bushes - I still have no idea why I am still alive.
After 4 of them I shouted at the top of my voice

RIGHT, THATS IT - UNLESS YOU ALL WANT TO BE SUED FOR MILLIONS AND MUCKING OUT MY HORSE FOR 3 MONTHS WHILST I RECOVER FROM FALLING OFF YOU BETTER ALL COME OUT NOW AND STAND STILL TILL I AM OUT OF SIGHT!!!!!

and about another 15 of them very sheepishly lined up on the edge of the path!!!

that made me giggle. XD
sitting in a room pretty much on my own ,and im laughing at the screen. my familly must think im maaaad! x

Lakelandcross

Visit site
There is a small stone bridge to cross over on one of our hacks. As we came round the corner before the bridge one day last summer a loud noise started that we couldn't identify. It was echoing and we didn't even know where it was coming from. The horses went mad with lots of spinning, rearing running backwards etc. I'm sure they would have bolted but they couldn't tell if the noise was in front or behind them.

The noise stopped and the horses settled down so we continued. As we crossed the bridge it started again. They horses started jumping about and the noise stopped. We got to the other side as quick as we could because we were worried they might fall over the side. As we stood there calming them down again a man came out from under the bridge with a length of plasic pipe he'd been playing like a didgeridoo

mytwofriends

Visit site
No musical instruments, but four of us encountered two guys skinny dipping in a popular fishing pool. Would have been ok but they hopped out and sat on the edge when they saw us. Where exactly were we supposed to look????? :eek:

Pedantic

Visit site
Guy with a saxophone under a bridge in the city, problem is you cant see him till the last minute, but you can hear him for quite a way beforehand, buses and cars are below to the left which beastie looks a bit sideways at, plus your on paving slabs and under a dim echoey bridge with the river the other side of you, with pedestrians and bikes sometimes coming towards you as well, it can be a bit edgy till I get through and past ;)

CatStew

Visit site
How about a flying saucer?

For some unknown reason there is a house nearby with a massive (at a guess about 12m circumference) flying saucer in their garden. I believe it used to belong to some sort of fairground ride but has now somehow found it's way into somebody's garden as an unusual ornament.

First time pony and I went past it we both spooked at it!!!

AprilBlossom

Visit site
I used to hack round by Marwell Zoo and we frequently encountered zebras, camels and giraffes on our rubbishy ponies.... A couple of the shinnied girls had lovely big horses and decided to go hopping over some hedges and fences only to get lost and find themselves alongside the lions and tigers!! Obviously very well fenced in, but scared the c**p out of the girls whilst horses just mooched on past!!

Needless to say, they stopped hopping over every single fence after that!:eek:

GrumpyHero

Visit site
never encountered a music player but i've met a few guys with huge rifles and shotguns whilst out on hacks!
i was actually quite scared even though i knew they weren't going to shoot me!

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I hacked out the bouncing bomb mare again tonight at the same time to find out if the bagpiper/cat-strangler was around. I found it disappointing that he wasn't there. I was hoping that if I ever have to sell her, at least I could advertise her as 100% traffic, box, shoe, clip, random musicians...in fact I've already decided that if I ever do have to see her, i might put a photo on horsiemart of me standing on her bareback with no hat, playing the bagpipes, just to prove my point.....

Shantara

Visit site
I have seen a man urinating in a bush, sent me and the rest of the 10+ ride half way into the field!

A buzzard which was sitting on the ground and was startled by me cantering past flew right into the side of my horse! The horse was too shocked to do anything, I think!

I have seen 2 people on a very strange bike. It allowed one person to lay on the front and one to sit up like on a normal bike!

A field of about 200 people metal dectecting.

Ravenwood

Visit site
We met two of these once...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...&nfpr=1&tbm=isch0,228&itbs=1&biw=1024&bih=624

But literally just a few feet off the ground - they must have launched off the side of the hill that I was nearly at the top of! My horses (was riding and leading) didn't know whether to drop down dead, run for their lives or stand and watch! Luckily the pilots (?) saw us and veered away and also luckily both horses decided just to watch ;)

MinskiKaii

Visit site
I was riding to the beach, we past the shops and it was fairly busy as it was 11 on a Saturday morning. Was just starting to turn right across the road when a car went absolutely flying past, followed by some police cars in hot persuite with their sirens blasting. They were that fast they were past us before I knew what was happening!

Doormouse

Visit site
A canoe!

Years ago when it flooded one winter I was enjoying riding through the floods with my TB when a canoe floated round the corner! He tried to whip round to escape from the horse eating floating thing but the water was too deep so he had to turn round very slowly and lumber his way out of the water!

Bless him, he was traffic proof but not as it turned out boat proof.

Clannad48

Visit site
No but I've seen a man in very small shorts cycling with his winky hanging out! Also another cyclist in very tight shorts standing by his bike with the biggest manhood I've ever seen! He said hello and I couldn't look him in the face!

Now how am I going to overtake all the cyclists who regularly hold road races where I live without

A: not looking at their shorts
B; crashing into the side of the road

Oh dear me :) :) :)

daftmare

New User
Visit site
out riding early one saturday morning in early december came across a bloke out running in the nack! took my old mare into the canter field near our yard and as we rounded the first corner found ourselve chasing a man wearing nothing but trainers!! i couldn't stop laughing and had no idea my 23 yr old anglo arab could still turn on a sixpence as she took one look at him an buggered off in the other direction. Last i saw he was jumping over the wall onto the local golf course and off at lightning speed :)

Nic_Nac

New User
Visit site
Recently out hacking on my young pony we met a full size Thomas the Tank Engine on the back of a lorry, to say that my pony's eyes stood out on end is an understatement, but I think she was so shocked that she couldn't possible have moved as it trundled past.

chameleon

Visit site
Some of these have really made me chuckle!

A couple of incidences from me……

Firstly, the walking bush with a head!....the council had supplied one of those big compactor vans for the weekend so everyone in the village was getting rid of their rubbish. So there was me happily hacking down the road when round the corner comes a walking bush….my lovely mare who never bothered with double decker buses, lorries etc freeks out running backwards, I even had to do a double take – it was in fact a very overloaded wheelbarrow pilled high with hedge clippings being pushed up the road but all you could see was the guys head and what resembled a bush walking towards us!

The other memorable event was at a show that was being held at the local Army Garrison. I had just finished my classes and was sorting my horse out ready to put her back on the box when there was a drum roll and a full military brass band came marching round the corner playing a very loud tune…..cue lots of horses bolting in the other direction and a massive argument between the show organisers and the resident military band! :D

Last edited:

Tnavas

Visit site
You all lead exciting lives! :lol:

I occasionally come across paddocks full of llamas/alpacas or emu's but thats it.

Years ago - its funny now but exceedingly embarrasing at the time.

I was riding 'Nappy Mare' up the high street and she spotted her reflection in the window of a shop. Planted herself for what seemed like forever neighing at herself!