Dressage Anyone fancy a little Olympia Freestyle thread?

oldie48

Visit site
I've just watched Gio again without the benefit of a few glasses of wine! He is really stunning and so beautifully trained. The passage and piaffe as so powerful and regular,he's so straight and supple, the transitions are very smooth, ext walk into a double canter piri, really!! It is just joyful to watch such a happy athlete, nothing looks difficult or forced. I scrutinised the test for flaws and there was the odd lack of balance and I thought he didn't follow through on one of the one tempi changes correctly but I thought it was everything dressage should be and has put a huge smile on my face!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
agree, i have liked him from the start and if his extended trot keeps improving he should be even better. annabelle is now going to take over and. i think charlotte is going to train them, what a lucky girl..to have that horse and that trainer, i am really looking forward to seeing him with another rider and hope it all goes well

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
What a performance from Charlotte and Pumpkin. He has progressed so much since the Olympics. He was very correct but perhaps slightly underwhelming then, but he is properly a spine tingling personality now, like Valegro.

All the best to his new rider, I really hope that it all works out for them.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I really enjoyed watching Richard Davison with Bubblingh. He has such light hands and his parade to collect his rosette showed how much horse he'd been holding together. Lottie Fry was brilliant as well.

Shame about Atterupgards Orthilla (I've probably spelt that wrong), such a sensitive mare. I remember her having to be withdrawn from a competition because of a skin irritation on her back. I was annoyed the presenter kept referring to Tilly as he.

oldie48

Visit site
I really enjoyed watching Richard Davison with Bubblingh. He has such light hands and his parade to collect his rosette showed how much horse he'd been holding together. Lottie Fry was brilliant as well.

Shame about Atterupgards Orthilla (I've probably spelt that wrong), such a sensitive mare. I remember her having to be withdrawn from a competition because of a skin irritation on her back. I was annoyed the presenter kept referring to Tilly as he.
The last time I saw Bubblingh, there was a lot of tension and clearly RD was working hard to keep it all together but although he's still a "hot" horse he did look a lot more relaxed (not surprised the canter work came early though!) and like others I loved the music. Lottie also produced a lovely test, this horse looks a bit easier than Everdale, I wonder how he would have coped in the atmosphere? I admire how these top class riders cope with their own nerves as well as those of their horse in such an electric atmosphere, produce GP movements and manage to keep with the music.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
just watching a replay of charlottes test and its very interesting that the BBC are using the CMH coverage.. perhaps they decided their one had too much chatter.. not dressage but what a good win for young harry charles in the SJ