Anyone for Eland? Weekend plans :)

Chippers1

Visit site
I also saw a very nice pair of reins in the shop there last week so may be tempted if I can part with the cash 😅

DressageCob

Visit site
As there are a few of us at Eland I thought I'd start a llist so we all know who to cheer on when!

See you at Bradwall Asha. I am number 90, on the XC around 1.45

AE twins: 158 at 2:31
Chippers: 13: 9.44
Dressage cob?
Starbucks?
Anyone else?

I am number 28, 10:09

Although I’m unlikely to be going because it has been chucking it down all day and sloppy ground for our first xc is not what I intended. I’m walking the course today around 4 and will decide then.

Chippers1

Visit site
The ground is pretty dry so I think it'll take a lot more than a day of showers to make it sloppy! I'm walking it later, hopefully it wont be too bad

McFluff

Visit site
Good luck to you all tomorrow.
Hope nobody repeats my ‘sack the jockey’ moment, perfect centre line (well good enough for 7.5) then turn left, then wonder where R is! Costly mistake as dropped my 8 places... oh well, horse doesn’t know I let her down :)

DressageCob

Visit site
Ground is fine. It’s a little slippery on the top of the grass but I’m going

Changed my mind. I’m not going. Good luck to everyone who is!! The rain just keeps on going, I don’t have studs and I just don’t feel it will be confidence giving as I need it to be if it is slippery. So jump lesson at home for us tomorrow 😊

Good luck to all who are going to Eland!!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
We had a blast XC schooling yesterday, quite literally at some points as the wind was relentless!
For Rockys 4th ever time XC he was pretty brave! Although he was so bloomin excited took him a while to settle down :D

We went to Tump Green in Gloucester for the first time... would 100% recommend the course was fab with over 50 jumps(actually probably a lot more... there’s loads anyway) ranging from 20cm to 1m10 some very plain.. some more ‘scary’

Good luck to everyone today!

EAE47C4B-5F81-490B-99CA-C6A3F5B26EBF.jpeg

Fiona

Visit site
Just home at midnight last night from NIF show at Cavan...

F and Daisy jumped clear rounds over up to height and spooky courses, with a 4th in Novice Cradle stakes and a 5th in 122cm M&M. The only downside was that she freaked out in the main arena in the evening performance and stood on her back legs in the line up 😭

Now I know the circumstances were stressful to say the least, but I really hope she doesn't do it again.

She never has before, until I tried to pull her mane on Thursday evening before the show...

Still so proud of them both...

Pics to follow..

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site
58667529_2382820995104145_2107083201338933248_o.jpg

After their first class, with beautiful 4th rosette....

Fiona

Chippers1

Visit site
We are done! Annoying stop at the second fence (as expected ha ha..) but clear over everything else. I tried so hard to get him over the second one but the photographer and his car were just far too distracting. His poor eyes were on stalks most of the way round, he was so busy looking at the water jump on the approach to the corner I was desperately trying to get him to look and I ended up kicking the flag down, oops!
Overall really pleased for our first big hunter trial attempt, once he got into a rhythm he was flying. We even went straight into the water! Just need more practice with that amount of stuff on the course.

Taking him back home but I'm going to back and watch some of the later classes.

Here we are before we started
20190428_110313.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Well done everyone :) Sounds like some good weekends happening despite the bonkers weather.

We took advantage of a few hours of calm to repair the retiree field shelter, which was getting a bit, um, critically injured?!
Bit of bargain recycled timber snapped up at local sale has been put to good use. Ready for another year of abuse by old bay mares ;)

58745113_2462547533756742_1183816776325005312_n.jpg

The culprits came and tried to interfere for a while but lost interest eventually

58543795_2367340373303154_8331925641557442560_n.jpg

showjumpingharry

Visit site
BE started brilliant, 39 dressage and clear sj and then eliminated xc after taking off and scaring herself resulting in three stops 🤦🏽‍♀️ Back to the drawing board to think of another bit lol
Harry and little sister had three seconds and reserve champ today so very pleased with their debut together 😁😁

Orchard14

Visit site
What a bloomin' awesome day! Hope everyone else had a great time out and about. We had a fairly average dressage score and 2 fences down SJ but we made mincemeat of the xc just with some time faults. Madam is not the bravest xc horse and is known to throw in some dirty stops and ditch me on the floor but she truly pulled it out of the bag today. She gets lots of carrots and a week off in the field :D I love how positive you sound SJHarry even when things don't go quite as planned!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Awesome day at Eland to make up for a rubbish one at Bradwall. The highs and lows of horses eh! Girls both jumped clear in the Pairs HT. It was over the BE80 course so was up to height and included drops, water, an island with a ditch, steps, a sunken road, a corner and full use of the dreaded brush rule!! We had not had a chance to get there to practice but Dolly just took everything on as if she's been doing it all her life. What an awesome pony she is turning out to be. And little Jenny behind was flying over everything beautifully too.

Video edit of their day: Dolly was a little sticky over the first couple but then got better and better. Jenny was ip for it from the start. They both seemed to be loving it!

Pic of them in the warm up. Matching kids on matching ponies :p

58461820_2263803620366373_156073613978501120_n.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
Loving all your xc tales and photos.

This is the best I can do this weekend... (They're not small, they're very far away :p )

58462205_706590682237_1384251179063574528_n.jpg

YM and I set up some jumps in one of the spare fields - cobbled out of a few poles and a few blocks, barrels and abandoned "stuff", but the branches were rather tempting to pull out too. The right hand one is a wedge-shape so a sort of corner (flagged with bending poles for the green ginger mares we both have!). I popped Skye and Dae round them yesterday in gale force winds - the ones that stayed up anyway...

Today there was a local sponsored ride going past the yard so I just hacked and ponied out later on. Uneventful!

Starbucks

Visit site
Coco did her first hunter trial today also at Eland, she was super! I was massively stressing about the corner but she jumped it brilliantly! We did however have a green stop at the boat coming out of the water (she’s not sure about anything brightly coloured yet so wasn’t sure about the orange life ring!), she popped it great second time. She was just so sensible but also bold, I’m so pleased!

DressageCob

Visit site
Well done everyone who did go to Eland! I'm feeling a bit rubbish for dropping out, but I have a 2 hour journey to get there and given the amount of rain I didn't fancy my 6am set off only to find the ground too slippery. We aren't balanced enough yet to risk slippery ground. I'm schooling there on Saturday though, hopefully, which should make up for it a bit.

Love the photos! the ponies all look fab and it is such a nice course.

Starbucks

Visit site
The ground was perfect! I’d be easily put off if I had a 2 hour drive though! Have fun on Saturday.