Anyone know what happened?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I've just seen this on the TV. I believe they are still loose, or were a few minutes ago. It said a group of people had tried to catch one but failed.

Snowfilly

Visit site
There’s a couple of other videos on Reddit and that grey is dog lame in one of them presumably straight after hitting the car.

The damage to the bus windscreen is pretty awful in one video.

The black has been caught and unsaddled at least, there was a picture of him standing by the damaged bus and he didn’t look too hurt.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The video clip of the grey is terrible. As above though blood on a grey can look horrendous and not be too terrible once cleaned up, lets hope its one of those times. Does anyone know if it was only two or 5 as some places are saying? I thought they said 5 on the TV clip i saw.

Shadowmere

New User
Visit site
The video clip of the grey is terrible. As above though blood on a grey can look horrendous and not be too terrible once cleaned up, lets hope its one of those times. Does anyone know if it was only two or 5 as some places are saying? I thought they said 5 on the TV clip i saw.
Five got loose, two have been caught from what I can see

AthenesOwl

Visit site
How frightening for all involved. I so hope the horses are ok, and the four injured recover quickly. The horses look terrified in the video clips.

The BBC was initially saying it wasn’t clear whether the red on the grey was paint, blood or something else, so I’m hoping beyond hope that it’s actually paint/something else.

Spiritedly

Visit site
Two blacks have been caught but looking at the face markings neither are the one that is with the grey.

Hopefully the greys injuries aren't as bad as the blood makes it look.

ETA just seen that all have now been caught.

equinerebel

Visit site
There definitely seems to be blood around the nostrils of the grey, unsurprising given how far and hard it ran. That could account for some of the blood on the chest.

Abacus

Visit site
There’s more blood than a nosebleed. There is a lot on the chest and front legs and also underneath and on the back legs. The report I read said that it might have run into a car (there was a picture of one, bashed about a bit down one side). And it’s certainly lame. On the plus side it probably hasn’t broken anything and it ran a long way so hopefully it’s more superficial than it looks.

Snowfilly

Visit site
Watching that makes my blood run cold. I hope the horses and everyone involved are OK. I do wonder if this will bring into question whether central London is a suitable environment for horses.

Was just discussing that. Any civilian event causing that much risk and harm on the roads would never be allowed to go ahead again, I do wonder if there will be some changes.

I feel sorry for everyone involved, it’s a horrible thing to have happened.

equinerebel

Visit site
There’s more blood than a nosebleed. There is a lot on the chest and front legs and also underneath and on the back legs. The report I read said that it might have run into a car (there was a picture of one, bashed about a bit down one side). And it’s certainly lame. On the plus side it probably hasn’t broken anything and it ran a long way so hopefully it’s more superficial than it looks.
I agree, it would account for some. The grey was clearly lame even in the video of it cantering. I sincerely hope all horses and riders will be okay.

teapot

Visit site
Watching that makes my blood run cold. I hope the horses and everyone involved are OK. I do wonder if this will bring into question whether central London is a suitable environment for horses.

Was just discussing that. Any civilian event causing that much risk and harm on the roads would never be allowed to go ahead again, I do wonder if there will be some changes.

I feel sorry for everyone involved, it’s a horrible thing to have happened.

No environment is safe for horses though. Horses escaping an inner city riding school would face just as much traffic.

Let’s be honest here too, this doesn’t happen that often considering those horses are exercised every morning AND there’s a guard duty heading to/coming back from Horseguards seven days a week.

What we don’t know is what caused it to happen - new horse, unusual sound (for London), purposely targeted, tourist being an idiot etc. Only the riders will know, and I hope they’re ok. Saving grace will be if it was morning exercise, they won’t have been in full ceremonial kit.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I wonder if soldiers are required to wear body protectors on ridden exercise, like racing work riders/jockeys are? It would be the sensible course of action.

Taking a tumble at speed on the road without one is not to be recommended 🙄. Been there, had the hospital stay to show for it.

It is very poor optics for horses in London generally, not just the service horses.

teapot

Visit site
I wonder if soldiers are required to wear body protectors on ridden exercise, like racing work riders/jockeys are? It would be the sensible course of action.

Taking a tumble at speed on the road without one is not to be recommended 🙄. Been there, had the hospital stay to show for it.

It is very poor optics for horses in London generally, not just the service horses.

Don’t think they are (certainly never seen anyone in one bar when they’re jumping). Not even sure they do for their basic learn to ride course.

I’ve always wondered about their job lot of hats too - they all wear the same brand, regardless of fit it seems…

ponyparty

Visit site
Just seen on the BBC that it was the sound of builders moving concrete nearby that spooked the horses initially... absolutely awful, my heart was in mouth reading the reports, really hope none of the injuries sustained by humans or horses were too serious :(