Have you ever fallen off a horse?

• No, never!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Of course, it's horses!

Votes: 98 100.0%

• Total voters

abbijay

Visit site
Having seen another post by a nervous newbie it got me thinking; could there be anyone on the forum who has yet to have their first fall?
If you haven't fallen off please can you tell us how long you have been riding?
I hate falling off but even I have done it a few times!

Goldenstar

Visit site
When I was a child I think I fell off my first pony at least twice a week 🤣🤣
Yes me too and my second pony who was really not the right one I fell off over and over trying to teach her how to jump ditches she reared I came off I got her in the ditch got back on her and repeated . We got there in the end .

j1ffy

Visit site
Sadly it's part of the sport! I'm massively tempting fate by saying I'm yet to fall off two of mine (had one of them for 14 years and the other under saddle for 3) but all my other regular rides I've come off at least 3 times...

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I went through a period of years and years and years never falling off, I had a difficult horse at the time as well.
It came as such a massive massive shock when i came off what I'd been told was an easy one. It was my first adult fall! It was awful!

Peglo

Visit site
I used to fall off my first pony all the time. Too much speed and no saddle 😂 I haven’t fallen off (really tempting fate here!) since her so that will be 17 years ago. I’m not looking forward to falling off now it’s been so long. 🫣

timbobs

Visit site
I haven’t yet fallen off my current ride, but now I’ve said that I’m sure it’s going to happen!

Fallen off lots before though! I’d say about once a year is my average, so I’m definitely due one! 🥴

Timelyattraction

Visit site
I used to fall off my first pony (i was 9) all the time. I stopped counting at 150 times 🤣 but he would drop his shoulder in canter every time but i was persistent in trying and was adamant i would get a canter out of him without falling off but i never did 🙄 he was 19 and pretty set in his ways 😆 we kept him until he was pts at 27 🥰

MissTyc

Visit site
I went through a long period of not falling off, and then suddenly I started falling off all the time because the new ride had narrower ribs/shoulders and I guess I just rode with wider hips, so sudden gear or direction changes sent me wheeeeeeeeeee ...

YourValentine

Visit site
I haven’t had a fall for a good few years now, it kinda feels like a bit of a doomsday countdown as to when the next fall will be 😂 I keep saying I’m overdue a fall!
Same! I haven't fallen off recently and it's worrying me 😅 I like a nice soft fall every now and then. Otherwise I worry they're building up into a bad one (I know that makes no logical sense)

Annagain

Visit site
I've lost count of the falls I've had. The only thing I can think of that is even close to that is that nobody fell off Monty in the 22 years we had him but even then we did fall over with him a few times.

SEL

Visit site
Having seen another post by a nervous newbie it got me thinking; could there be anyone on the forum who has yet to have their first fall?
If you haven't fallen off please can you tell us how long you have been riding?
I hate falling off but even I have done it a few times!
You've got a long way down!!

First ever fall was off a Shetland who stuck her head down to eat grass. Saddle and little rider went straight down her neck.

Tend to just remember the recent or spectacular ones these days. Although 2024 can have the reward for muddiest one 🙄

Sossigpoker

Visit site
If you ride horses, you will fall. At some point.
I'd not fallen for a couple of years so worn mine dumped me a few months back, I knew I was due one 🤣

Burnerbee

Visit site
I’ve only fallen off three times (and probably ridden 60 horses over course of 30 years - working that out is a great way to fall asleep - top tip for you!)…

First time in front of entire family - the only time my grandma saw me ride
2nd time was the day before my 21st birthday and requiring a trip to A&E (just bruised, but I did land on a rock)
3rd time, jumping the highest I’ve ever jumped - so was probably too busy thinking how scared i was - self fulfilling prophecy!

I should’ve fallen off a lot more times but have long legs, which has its benefits.

94lunagem

Visit site
Too many to count!

I’ve had funny falls, bad falls, falls I saw coming, falls where I hung on and decided it was easier to plop off the side. Broken bones, bruised, sprains and many aches.

I even fell off one when I went to try him before buying. One of the reasons I bought him was I got back on and it hadn’t worried me.

What I have learned is I bounced less the older I got!

Lamehorses

Visit site
Does it count if I had a horse that I never fell off.
Owned her 18 years, she was bouncy & fun, but sure footed, never bucked, spooked, reared, refused a jump. Other liveries called her Mrs perfect.
I've fallen off plenty of others over the years though 🙂

Jambarissa

Visit site
I've had a few horses that seemed to be impossible to fall off. Both very chunky cobs, ended up wrapped round their necks a few times but never right off.

These were my husbands horses, he's ridden on and off for 20 years and would have been able to say he's never fallen off if he didn't fancy a ride on my Arab one time 🤣