Anyone stay away for competitions without a lorry?

tootsietoo

Visit site
I'm sure solo camping with one horse is a completely different kettle of fish. With children, there is stuff everywhere!

The bell tent was awesome (no pics sarahann really sorry!). It was up quicker than everyone else's tents and looked amazing. Everyone noted that a massive open space (and it was massive!) was better than little rooms and even though there were just 3 of us (plus a big dog!) we filled it with kit! One slight downside was that the kids all wanted to be in it and by bedtime it was full of ice cream wrappers, dirty plates and other people's shoes! The volume of packing and unpacking was silly crazy though. I need to rationalise bedding and food, could have done with less. I'm sure it would get easier with practice. I do think it's a good option though as I would probably need an HGV licence for a lorry that would give us as much space as the car/trailer/tent combo I now have. Plus I could unhitch to drive to pool/shop. Winner!

sarahann1

Visit site
Glad you enjoyed it, they are so much easier to put up that the nylon tents with poles.

Re keeping it tidy, a few folk have inners for their tents, which are really just voile type curtains hung from a hula hoop on the centre pole. That then becomes the 'clean' space :)