Anyone want a ride XC on my super cob?

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Did our first XC today, and as a bit of an after thought I had an action camera on my shoulder. It's not totally straight, ended up being a bit rushed and the first time I've used it, however, the result is quite fun.

Coblet is 6 this year, bought her last December unseen from Ireland and she has been diagnosed with type 1 PSSM as well, since the start of the year. It's not, however, the death sentence I thought it would be.

http://youtu.be/PGuSd9b2Ko4

(apparently "is my hat straight, is my bib straight" mean something completely different to my camera man/groom than they do to me!!!!)

da778542b1171a938de78e26f4b9fa02_zpsee9jdrbc.jpg

79536ecfac1f11fd830ab494469266b9_zpskjvsgvz2.jpg

d3640b893e3c879dbf0f6fac0c2536fe_zpssbywfyde.jpg

ffa83906b73d1e3ee91983c0c055dc8c_zpsplrn6rss.jpg

fee444e6fe42d624d7a61adb2cbf7f38_zpsnrhsdypn.jpg

a2dc6e68173589584c872df772c8ea94_zpsdlz50mwc.jpg

After, hardly broken a sweat

1116CEDE-D953-415D-B4C6-39F091D261A8_zpsyrehthtv.jpg

Where's the hay, more importantly!

ECCF8381-285B-4085-A366-ED9AF0F35C4B_zpsxx33si0v.jpg

Last edited:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Thank you for sharing this, I enjoyed was lovely to feel like what it is like to be on a horse again doing cross country.:)

I miss it sooooooooo much :(

taraj

Visit site
Super little cob, had her ears forward all the way around! Am glad im not the only one that uses a neck strap, after riding out racehorses for 6 years any horse feels naked without one!

Hornby

Visit site
Brilliant, love your cob , love the neck strap ( that's how I did all my hunting! ) lovely course.....why does the video say " last one ever " it would be such a shame to lose a great venue like that.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Loved the video and what a lovely looking horse :biggrin3:

Thank you I am so chuffed with her. :)
Thank you for sharing this, I enjoyed was lovely to feel like what it is like to be on a horse again doing cross country.:)

I miss it sooooooooo much :(

That's lovely thank you. Going to try and get it straight next time!

Beautiful horse and looks like a lovely course!

Thanks, it's a brilliant course. Closed now tho!

Well done! Nice xc course and love your colours! :)

Thanks. Half of the outfit hadn't arrived until late on Sat!

thanks for posting that was great fun, im a bit tired now!!!!!! lovely horse!!

Thanks very much. I'm still feeling tired too lol.

Well done! Loved the little neck snuggle at the end - clever coblet!

I have one myself, hoping to be able to do this shortly!!

Thank you, I have to be honest it was half snuggle half collapse! Been working on fitness and stamina a lot, but only wearing a vest top, not wearing a rugby shirt and a BP. Made a BIG difference to how tired I was.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Well done, loving the coblet :)

Thank you. Entered a 75cm next time. Definitely going xc schooling as well as she has done some prior to me buying her but I've not taken her.

Very nice looking little horse - she has a very honest wee face!

Thank you, love her face! She is very honest and tries so hard in everything.

Fantastic pics, I really do like your little mare

Thank you, feel so lucky to have her.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Super little cob, had her ears forward all the way around! Am glad im not the only one that uses a neck strap, after riding out racehorses for 6 years any horse feels naked without one!

I've never liked neck straps however I am a convert now! I hadn't had anything except long flowing manes til I bought her, however she absolutely hates her mane being pulled, she's so amenable to everything I decided hogging her was the best thing and I actually love it now.

Brilliant, love your cob , love the neck strap ( that's how I did all my hunting! ) lovely course.....why does the video say " last one ever " it would be such a shame to lose a great venue like that.

Thanks very much. Sadly it is the last one. They've run it for charity from 1999 and just finding it too much now as there's so much admin, preparation and work involved on the day. 180 entries to this one which was the biggest ever year. The jumps have been auctioned off for charity now too. :(

PonyclubmumZ

Visit site
It looks so much fun, your cob is lovely too and great colours! You have inspired me to keep looking for the perfect horse, well done :)

FfionWinnie

Visit site
It looks so much fun, your cob is lovely too and great colours! You have inspired me to keep looking for the perfect horse, well done :)

Thank you that's lovely. Definitely don't stop looking. I bought Daisy because my last horse died from grass sickness. My heart was totally broken and she was irreplaceable. I've got over it to a degree, mostly due to Daisy and her lovely dependable nature. She is so much fun and not at all ploddy but also I always feel safe. (Quite why I've bought another welsh cob to have along with her is anyone's guess! Irish cobs rule!!)

Last edited: