Anyone want a thread for the Olympic dressage live?

palo1

Visit site
Fascinating contrast to TFS Dallara (sp??) - Total US looks much less stable in his frame though he is young. That extent of movement seems less harmonious in comparison and also distracting to me. Really good to see these 2 horses in close proximity.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
yes yes all the bad things about Edward but these horses are incredible athletes, the scope is amazing. I actually like his music. I do like it when they keep the same music sometimes, I LOVE richard davison's freestyle and that's been lurking about for years

NinjaPony

Visit site
I think you can see where the effort of the competitions has just taken it out of him a bit. Can’t say I’m surprised really, it’s a huge ask of a 9 year old. He’s so so talented, just needs to strengthen up a bit. I actually quite like the fact he’s using the Totilas music, it must be emotional for him to be riding his son at the Olympics after everything that happened.

Equi

Visit site
Again it’s a big experience for the horse. Wait and see him in 3years.

by the way how does one go about getting tickets for the olympics to spectate? Lol

j1ffy

Visit site
yes yes all the bad things about Edward but these horses are incredible athletes, the scope is amazing. I actually like his music. I do like it when they keep the same music sometimes, I LOVE richard davison's freestyle and that's been lurking about for years

I actually think people have been quite polite about EG on this thread (unlike on some FB groups I could name!). The comments have been on the weakness of the horse, who despite that has shown a huge amount of talent. With a couple more years of strength and muscle he'll be incredible.

(I still don't like EG's training methods though ;) )

milliepops

Visit site
I think you can see where the effort of the competitions has just taken it out of him a bit. Can’t say I’m surprised really, it’s a huge ask of a 9 year old. He’s so so talented, just needs to strengthen up a bit. I actually quite like the fact he’s using the Totilas music, it must be emotional for him to be riding his son at the Olympics after everything that happened.
yes agreed. and Edward rode Gribaldi too, so 3 generations, it must be pretty special to have that connection through the line.

SEL

Visit site
I actually think people have been quite polite about EG on this thread (unlike on some FB groups I could name!). The comments have been on the weakness of the horse, who despite that has shown a huge amount of talent. With a couple more years of strength and muscle he'll be incredible.

Horse is lovely - but I don't find him the nicest rider to watch.

milliepops

Visit site

i wasn't responding to comments on the thread, it was more like we all know the bad things, they swirl in my head too :p it just posted after everyone else because of the silly "you have to wait 30 seconds to respond" thing on HHO

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
whata contrast to the least test, not my cup of tea at all, too forceful am loving the new germans coming up and the way the americans are presenting their horses, love the harmony and lightness..

Reactions: Kat

Walrus

Visit site
Shame about the slight blip in Lottie’s test, but I thought she rode very well and it was a sweet test. She’s just done a lovely interview on Eurosport and is clearly really pleased, and made light of Everdale getting a bit excited!

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where she’s from? I can’t place her accent.

East Yorkshire....she grew up near a town called Driffield. Her parents ran Aike which is a BD venue that used to be known locally as Frys.