Anyone want a thread for the Olympic dressage live?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I suppose it is also comparable to other sports, athletics, swimming etc where the winners of the heats go through rather than the fastest times.
yeah i only really have equestrian sports to compare to, my knowledge of others is minimal! it's a compromise isn't it.

Equi

Visit site
I just hope Charlotte does well. I’ve not seen too many tests with pumpkin but he’s not my favourite horse, so I’m hoping I’m proved wrong

j1ffy

Visit site
Just nipped out for a quick hack and it’s great to read the updates here!

Re the heats, the eurodressage article that SS linked to has a good explanation of why they’ve done it and the benefits.

Fingers crossed for Carl. I was having a think about his test and recalled that he will always play it quite ‘safe’ for the qualifiers and team tests. His focus tends to be on getting the team in a good position rather than on an individual medal for himself - I get the feeling that qualifying for the freestyle would be a bonus rather than his first target. I really hope he does though as I’m sure he’d let rip and take all the risks there!

Wishfilly

Visit site
Just nipped out for a quick hack and it’s great to read the updates here!

Re the heats, the eurodressage article that SS linked to has a good explanation of why they’ve done it and the benefits.

Fingers crossed for Carl. I was having a think about his test and recalled that he will always play it quite ‘safe’ for the qualifiers and team tests. His focus tends to be on getting the team in a good position rather than on an individual medal for himself - I get the feeling that qualifying for the freestyle would be a bonus rather than his first target. I really hope he does though as I’m sure he’d let rip and take all the risks there!

I think he is pretty safe, he is still in the second qualifying spot, so most of this group would need to get 75+ for him to be out. I think the cut off will be 73-74, maybe a little lower based on what we have seen so far today.

Equi

Visit site
So the organisers choose the music, it’s cute they have had sort of national type music for the riders. That seems kind.

j1ffy

Visit site
So the organisers choose the music, it’s cute they have had sort of national type music for the riders. That seems kind.

I’ve turned off the commentary so missed that. I didn’t know Greensleeves was representative of Chile ?? ?

Walrus

Visit site
Lottie's music sounded like it was specifically chosen yesterday. And many of them were absolutely bang on time with the changes in pace etc. I doubt they've got someone there pressing buttons....I thought it was like thr GPS they trialled in Europe where riders can choose their background music?