Anyone want a thread for the Olympic dressage live?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I didn't see the GP only the comments, if this is better then the piaffe in the GP must have been bad
yeah the GP piaffe was pinging up and down miles off the ground, passage with the handbrake on, the transitions in and out were stellar but this piaffe today is definitely better IMO

milliepops

Visit site
have they picked the track for themselves in the final?
Was wondering that as some music has been better suited than others
Looking forward to the freestyle tomorrow!
yeah they were explaining it earlier
they could either have the venue sort it for them or produce their own.

Kat

Visit site
yeah the GP piaffe was pinging up and down miles off the ground, passage with the handbrake on, the transitions in and out were stellar but this piaffe today is definitely better IMO
Wow!

I wasn't too impressed with her passage either, the hind legs weren't really stepping under.

Not that I could do any better of course!

SEL

Visit site
IW doesn’t do much for me but I maintain that Bella Rose looks like a Stubbs horse, she is so elegant. I just think the test lacks some of the fire and sparkle of some of the other horse.

^^^ this. She'd make a stunning Stubbs painting, but just doesn't come out with the bounce that most of the others do. Perhaps that's just because the horse is such a professional and its all in a day's work for her

teapot

Visit site
Right time for some frantic maths over what Charlotte needs to score…

I’ve not seen any yet - clients keep ringing.

milliepops

Visit site
Bella Rose is almost a bit too machine like these days, she seems ultra controlled and obedient but it's without the lightness of, say En Vogue, or the drama of Everdale - those things that show you the horse has its own brilliance, BR is sort of confirming to Isabell's brilliance if you see what I mean?

Malibu_Stacy

Visit site
Team scores (adding %) after 2 riders:

POR 136.99
ESP 143.90
SWE 144.15
NED 147.55
DEN 151.31
USA 153.88
GBR 155.19
GER 163.91

so, barring aforementioned disasters, Germany are looking pretty secure for gold, then it’s a bunfight between GBR/USA/DEN for silver and bronze

only_me

Visit site
Horse was v mechanical - no bounce/personality of horse but obviously judges liked the style of test.

wonder how horse’s home life compares to carl/charlottes horse’s lives, their horses always seem to have a “personality” in the tests and wonder if that makes a difference too

disclaimer - i have no idea how IW keeps her horses just a musing

rosiesowner

Visit site
Bella Rose is almost a bit too machine like these days, she seems ultra controlled and obedient but it's without the lightness of, say En Vogue, or the drama of Everdale - those things that show you the horse has its own brilliance, BR is sort of confirming to Isabell's brilliance if you see what I mean?

think you've put into words there. i don't see bella rose's individuality shine through. it's almost a little bit 'too perfect' and we lose a bit of the emotion