Anyone want a thread for the Olympic dressage live?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
i know they have to do a certain no of ones and twos but now they have to submit a floor plan do they have to say how many they are doing and where, this is for our expert MP
just spotted this, lol, not an expert I just find it interesting to read about. um... yeah the degree of difficulty calculator thingy is really complicated and you can get additional parts of score for good repetition of things, the transitions between different exercises carry different weightings etc
they have the joker line which can be 1s, 2s or extended canter, but otherwise if they go off their published floorplan (like do less tempi changes than you've said) then the judge can remove the degree of difficulty element for the movement.

that's my understanding of it anyway! if you need bedtime reading the FEI have a big old manual about it :p

Lexi_

Visit site
My internet is TERRIBLE today - I’m still halfway through Carl’s test! It looked really good from what I saw though… ??

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
ok the bloody piaffe question again, the marks for fogoso for piaffe ranged from 7 to 8,5, i can understand why he gets less marks for his movement especially in the extended ones but i am at a loss about the piaffe, i was expecting a couple of 9's, how someone can only give him 7 is beyond me. i am quite angry now :mad:

Kat

Visit site
Paris is only 3 years away, with a horse like that I'd love to see him there!

They could be really amazing for Paris, I think both Vogue and Pumpkin will be right at the top of their game for Paris, and have shown what they can do.

I would love to see Carl win an individual medal (preferably of the gold variety but any would do)

What kind of scores can we expect from the top today?

littleshetland

Visit site
Sometimes, I think so.

I know a mistake is or should be a mistake regardless of breed, type, or rider, but I can't help but feel it's a bit slanted sometimes.

Here we ride our lower level dressage tests in pairs. Either both going the same direction or going opposite at the same time. I dreaded the thought of my little plain PRE being in the sandbox with a huge flashy WB ? but you do what you can.
Awww CC, PRE's are never plain...not to us anyway!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
ok the bloody piaffe question again, the marks for fogoso for piaffe ranged from 7 to 8,5, i can understand why he gets less marks for his movement especially in the extended ones but i am at a loss about the piaffe, i was expecting a couple of 9's, how someone can only give him 7 is beyond me. i am quite angry now :mad:
the only thing i can think, is that he did a funny turn before the last bit of trot prior to the walk, it looked like a half circle in passage but was perhaps intended as a piaffe piri? if that was the case it may have pulled the average score down as the on-the-spotness was reduced? speculation on my part.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Awww CC, PRE's are never plain...not to us anyway!

Certainly. Mine actually could be a bit more plain. Bless his overly dramatic little heart ?

Definitely not!! And certainly not lacking in character either - my PREs have all been very different to ride but all put a big smile on my face.

They're great partners! Just a stark contrast between mine and the 17.1hh big black warmblood that floats across the arena.