Anyone watching Crufts on more 4?

Spudlet

Visit site
That Newfie has a lot of slobber to share :D

Commentator re the OED - 'their tails would have been docked... He carries it well, it doesn't interrupt his lines at all.' Ok... :rolleyes:

muddygreymare

Visit site
I'm hoping the Newfie or the Pom win, I love both of them but I have a soft spot for Newfoundlands! Also i'd be pleased if the OES won too :) He's got a very difficult decision to make!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
The Lhasa has won a lot of groups and a couple of BIS over the past year or two, so has the form I suppose, whereas some of the other were quite young.

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
having been at crufts all day yesterday I have to say that alot of the exhibitors looked like bag ladies and men, they seem to be totally oblivious as to how they themselves looked as their only concern was their dog. But you would think with all the eyes of the dog world on them they would be able to find a comb and some clothes that fit. I spotted a lad in a totally silver suit, an elderly lady wearing a dress in red and some fuschia pink sequinned doc Martins and I thought crimpelene went out in the 70's. People watching at crufts is fantastic fun :) Try this site, it will make you feel less ashamed of your bully exhibitor https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dog-Show-Fashion-Police/340757611619

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I liked whoever was wearing the bum bag in the best of show, I thought they had gone out some time ago too ;) I get that you might need a brush with you but am sure there is something more elegant than that!

Vizslak

Visit site
Lmao, dog shows are hilarious for people watching, those that havnt experienced it are seriously missing out! My friends husband comes up with some peaches of nicknames for people on the local circuit, oddly we always know exactly who he is referring to! Gok Wan would have a field day, dog show fashion police, could be a good money spinner of a programme! :D
ETS and I got glared at for suggesting I wasnt going to put my suit on at crufts on friday, I was only wearing a denim skirt, ugg boots and leggings (and a jumper!) I would have looked relatively normal compared to some! I went and got changed anyway!

Last edited:

mollichop

Visit site
Oh the shame of it..apologies for the bull terrier exhibitor looking like a bag lady:(:(:( felt like just cringing in shame.

Ooh was that you EK?

There were some sights, I know the dogs are being judged but I would've thought there was some sort of dress code (similar to lead-rein or in-hand showing classes) :confused:

Think the young lad handling the Saluki took it very seriously with his DJ and red bow tie though :D Very smart chap!

Inthemud

Visit site
Spent all day watching one of the hound rings.

All I will say is "supportive undergarments, often flatter the larger lady...".

Some FAB dogs there .

EAST KENT

Visit site
Ooh was that you EK?

There were some sights, I know the dogs are being judged but I would've thought there was some sort of dress code (similar to lead-rein or in-hand showing classes) :confused:

Think the young lad handling the Saluki took it very seriously with his DJ and red bow tie though :D Very smart chap!

Definitely not me! Surprised the offending lady was allowed into the big ring for the terrier group.There is no dress code as such,but most people scrub up for the Terrier Group ..at Crufts anyway.This one is a relatively newer member of our bullie fraternity,her husband though always looks scrubbed up in a decent suit..so at least he has some idea.They got the BOB last year as well..and he showed the dog ..in his nice suit.

dressagedreamer

Visit site
I exhibited my borzoi at Crufts on sunday, I have to totally agree with what is being said about exhibitors, I am one of the few slim healthy fit well dressed, to many are over weight, badly dressed and as someone said, lame. It is a joke, my other half just sit there and watch mouth opened that people can take such little care of theirself when the dogs are immaculate!!

About the bulldog and peke, the vets report have not been released yet but the word on the floor is the bulldog have scaring on his eye ...no idea how a judge is suppose to see that, I did not hear anything about the peke but as I said no report as yet so no one knows

mollichop

Visit site
Definitely not me! Surprised the offending lady was allowed into the big ring for the terrier group.There is no dress code as such,but most people scrub up for the Terrier Group ..at Crufts anyway.This one is a relatively newer member of our bullie fraternity,her husband though always looks scrubbed up in a decent suit..so at least he has some idea.They got the BOB last year as well..and he showed the dog ..in his nice suit.

Oh phew :D It was just the way you phrased it made me think it was you! Gorgeous dog though.

Lol dressagedreamer - it's mad isn't it? All that sprucing on the dogs, you'd think they would at least glance in the mirror before they go in - it's not as if they've got to hunt very hard to find a comb :p

Spudlet

Visit site
I watched the Philippa Williams gundog demo on YouTube last night. Very good, very inspiring lady! Positively trained Field Trial champions that very obviously love their jobs and their handlers. Definitely worth looking at if anyone is interested!:)

I may have to go and swipe her naughty little spangle, what a little charmer, she would get on ever so well with the spud...:D

Zeta

New User
Visit site
The Clumber`s vet certificate was posted on Dog World website.I think it`s a bit odd that although Best of Breed isn`t awarded, the Challenge Certificates still count.:confused:

Tillypup

www.valleypoint.co.uk

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Gawd you'd love us, trackies and football boots for the breed ring, Real Tree and Muck Boots for trialling :p :p :p

(My working trials mate was looking at show pics from another club the other night and said 'It's like my Big Fat GSD Wedding', I nearly fell off the chair laughing...)