Are there any equestrian disciplines you dislike/disagree with?

How often do you hunt a season?

• Total voters

0ldmare

Visit site
Actually just re-read the title/question and maybe you dont think its cruel.. but still interested to know why you voted for it.

MizElz

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You gave the option to post many responses to your poll, so only the response to no problems with any is a true reflection, other responders could have ticked multiple boxes and probably did- which skews the results somewhat.
There may be things you think are questionable - you haven't been very specific in identifying them and have already backtracked and discovered that your opinion of polo, for example, might be founded on the activities of one yard, or a stereotype, or even a Jilly Cooper book rather than any true experience. How can you or anybody have a view on something they know very little about, unless they are readers of The Sun.

i stand by my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually, I havent backtracked at all. Admitting that I have enjoyed speaking about something with someone who knows more than I do about an issue DOES NOT mean I have backtracked. I have merely accepted what cazza is saying, whilst maintaining my own viewpoint!

And the results arent 'skewed' by the poll layout; if anyone has been silly enough to click one of the disciplines as well as the 'None' option, that's not my fault! And if I had only let people choose one option, what would they have done if they actually agreed with, say, 3 or 4?
crazy.gif

And I'm afraid I dont read the Sun. I am, however, partial to the odd News of The World.....
smirk.gif

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
By dislike/disagree with, I don't think it necessarily means cruel.

I dislike showing, just because it's not the most entertaining of spectator sports. I didn't tick that I disliked it though...

Merlotmonster

Visit site
The poll doesnt ask if its cruel..it asks if you dislike it. I put it down as dont find it interesting to watch. Also showing which I find as boring as hell!! sorry...didnt think the question was did you find it cruel.

Cazza, I think polo is a great sport to watch and have not seen the horses badly treated the times I have been. I agree with you..there are always people in sport which give that particular discipline a bad name and it must be annoying to be tarred with the same brush. I would love to see you play and its a sport I have always wanted to try!

Mavis

Visit site
I haven't voted because I genuinely dont believe any discipline is cruel, and I dont dislike any equestrian discipline, however my impression of the showing world has been drastically slewed by the person I worked for. She was at the very top of the SHP world and I had issues with certain aspects of the way her ponies were treated. Some examples - one pony had a piece of bone removed from its wither to get it under height (perhaps not cruel but certainly underhand!); ponies were regularly worked hard and then turned straght out wrapped up in plastic covered with several heavy rugs, then had their water witheld for up to 48 hours (in full summer) to get them looking good and behaving quietly. Obviously not everyone treats their horses like this, which is why I havent voted. I just found it an eye-opener - I was only 19 or 20 and certaibly didnt have the courage or knowledge to question the methods deployed - especially by such a well known and well respected person.