Are you happy at your livery?

J1993

Visit site
Just to continue from my thread 2 weeks ago. I'm so unhappy at my current yard due to various reasons including bitching, lack of turnout, small narrow dusty indoor which is full of stones and uneven, an abundance of teenagers who fall out and mess around all day. It's just never ending.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though as my name is down for the yard my friends are on and I'm excited to move. So far I've been on the list for 2 weeks. But as I need a big stable I may be waiting a while :-(

So basically to kill a boring Sunday evening, are you happy at your current yard?

Deltaflyer

Visit site
I like mine. We have turnout all year round, great hacking, the staff are brilliant and I've made a lot of friends amongst my fellow liveries. My only peeve is sometimes it's hard getting in to one of the three schools as it's also a riding school.

J1993

Visit site
I can't wait to feel comfortable at a yard and have someone else to hack out with. there are over 30 horses at current yard and only me hacks out. The rest are either retired veterans or 11-14 year olds who jus wazz around the indoor on their ponies. I also can't wait to ride and be able to go somewhere without thinking my face is brown from dust! I'm so excited!

Ali27

Visit site
I love our yard! It is so relaxed and the owners are amazing! We now have lovely liveries who fully appreciate how lovely our yard is and that it is amazing value for money! Everyone is happy to help each other and favours are returned! In the past, I have done too many favours which are never returned! I have been there for two years and plan to be there for years to come! It is the best yard ever!

skint1

Visit site
Yes, for the most part.
I went through a period last year where I really wasn't, but I seem to have got past it now, for now anyway.
The horses are happy, life at this yard seems to suit them, the YO is lovely, we got on well with most of the liveries the facilities and hacking suit us. We are very lucky.

Antw23uk

Visit site
Yes, for the most part.
I went through a period last year where I really wasn't, but I seem to have got past it now, for now anyway.
The horses are happy, life at this yard seems to suit them, the YO is lovely, we got on well with most of the liveries the facilities and hacking suit us. We are very lucky.

This>>

Swings and roundabouts for me ... Most of the time I'm happy but I get itchy feet and frustrated sometimes with the lack of winter turnout (an hour turn out in a trash pen is not half a day turned out!!) I wouldn't mind a summer of 24/7 turn out just to experience not mucking out daily really but I love the facilities, the people and the extensive knowledge I get from being on the yard.

I am VERY fortunate I have an awesome horse who easily tolerates being kept in with limited turnout. Some are no so lucky and I feel for them :( Roll on the summer.

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Yes mostly. Moved away but moved back there again after a few years in the wilderness, plus OH and me were married from there 10 years ago so it has fond memories. Especially of the wedding reception party at the yard which is another story..

The support at the yard is wonderful from the knowledgeable, the doings of the less well informed is, um, entertaining. Really, it's a great yard, lovely land, school and hacking, I just can't do the commuting, the traffic jams out of town where we live twice a day which is why we're looking to buy our own own place with land.

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
Not entirely. Lovely YO, good stables, good (too good) grazing, pony is settled and nice people. I think the summer hacking is lovely but in the winter it's just the road and village and nobody seems to hack out. Apart from today when 2 of them went out without asking me along, despite them saying all the right things and making the right noises when I ask, I'm just not included in anything. I understand that they've all got their buddies but it's pretty loanly, and my pony needs to get out and about and see the world.

It's also DIY and I'm knackered...

So I'm moving to a part livery yard that I know as I shared a horse there. The liveries are more my age (as is the yo) and the facilities and hacking are excellent. Quiet quiet lanes that lead into the common for hacking.

There's organised rides going further afield every Saturday and Sunday and I was happy there before. It's expensive but no more early starts means the dog will get a better walk in the morning now rather than squeezing in 20 mins. I'm excited actually!!

HashRouge

Visit site
I'm not on a yard - my sister and I rent 5 or 6 acres from a dairy farmer. No real facilities but we do have a field shelter and automatic water trough, plus nice secure fencing, and it's just our two horses. I absolutely love it, never have to fret or worry if our horses are happy or not, and it requires minimal effort from us, just poo picking and feeding, which is great as I'm a full time groom so quite happy to avoid more mucking out! Before this we were on a yard in a different part of the country, just us two and the owner and her horses. Loved that as well, she's a great mate and we still keep in touch. We had more facilities there - stables, sand school, heated tackroom - but the most important thing for us was turnout, which was also great. They could live out as much as we wanted. The only downside was it was high in the peak district and very exposed and sometimes the weather in the winter was just violent. No real shelter either, just dry stone walls. But generally i loved it :)

Dumbo

Visit site
I like my livery yard. Indoor stables and indoor school! Just wish my 2 got more turnout - getting about 3hrs every 3/4 weeks at the moment! However once spring comes they'll be out daily. school is often overcrowded or lessons going on so I have to ride late evenings but otherwise I'm happy.
It's paradise compared to my first yard!

xch4r

Visit site
Yes- I own it! I have a lovely school with fantastic floodlights, lots of paddocks and lovely stables. The only thing I would like are a few hills for hacking up and letting madam let off some steam!

Visit site
Love it :D Pure DIY - stables and grazing. Only 5 horses on the yard altogether and it's a farm so no bitchy yard atmosphere. It's lovely and peaceful, we have all year round turnout, unlimited straw included and we buy our own haylage. I have free use of an Indoor and Outdoor school just up the road where I work, and another outdoor school in the Village for a small fee. Fantastic hacking and hunting on my doorstep too :D

dollymix

Visit site
I've recently moved from Lancashire to Cheshire. New yard seems nice enough, lovely people, good facilities. However main downsides are a smaller than average stable and very poor hacking. But will give it a while as apparently there a farm ride when weather improves. If this makes up for lack of hacking I will be happy enough I think

noodle_

Visit site
yes. i love it. and id never move unless i moved areas.

the facilites arnt amazing...but it suits - my horse is happiest shes ever been and so am i :D

Shantara

Visit site
Yes, 110%! YO is lovely, liveries are all helpful and kind, horses all seem nice, hacking is fabulous, nice school with jumps and a very relaxed atmosphere...I haven't heard a single bitchy comment, not one!! I've been there 3 months, but from day 1 people were so willing to include me and now I have a good few hacking buddies! I love it :D The only issue I have is that Ned's field is has a public footpath, but it's so quiet, it's not really an issue at all! Best of all, Ned is happy and there has been NO fence jumping!

J1993

Visit site
So jealous of all your lovely yards. I can't wait to enjoy going to the yard. Paying a lot of money to feel uncomfortable at somewhere I spend half my time is not very nice!

Fools Motto

Visit site
I wasn't, so moved. Now rent land of a farmer, gained a companion pony along the way, and love it. First time I've felt relaxed and can just potter about. No facilities, but that doesn't matter, i know the hacking is superb!!

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
I love it but it's my yard! I have two wonderful DIYs, my own school and jumps, my hot wash box and solarium, just built three more stables and I get send amazing horses to play with! The only things I realistically need is a stallion paddock and walker

Spotsrock

Visit site
YO is amazing, year round turn out (24/7 for 7 months a year) great stables, good hacking, nice people, my horses' neighbour is lovely. School is awful if we have a wet winter but it's all very affordable and mine hack out well

quirky

Visit site
Yes, I like mine but it seems whichever yard I'm on, the owner who puts the most money the YO's way gets priority.

The owner who spends the most is possibly one of the most odious people I have met. She disregards the turnout rota and the field rotation. Basically, if she wants her horse out, she puts it out wherever and whenever she wants.....she just does it when YO isn't about.
I would love to have mine at home, she's quite a quirky sort in the stable and to handle. It'd suit her to just be me who sees to her. As it is, the yard turnout and bring in, I do everything else.

Leg_end

Visit site
Yes I love my yard :) Supportive and trustworthy YO, lovely liveries and horses are treated really well. Only negative is no lights in the school but I've coped for 2 winters without and it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take.

MS123

Visit site
So jealous of all your lovely yards. I can't wait to enjoy going to the yard. Paying a lot of money to feel uncomfortable at somewhere I spend half my time is not very nice!

Hope everything works out for you. I was at a yard like this and it was awful! I wasn't there for very long and moved to a lovely little yard afterwards, and it was bliss.

pansymouse

Visit site
I love my livery too - masses of well drained turnout, huge stable, direct access onto Salisbury Plain and only my friend's, mine and the owners horse there. And two schools available to hire within five minutes ride. Perfect.