Ariat boot sizing?

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Hi all
I'm thinking about buying some Ariat boots - but my hooves feet are 7 1/4 size - am I better buying the 7 1/2 size or going up to size 8? For a lot of boots I end up wearing two pairs of thick socks to stop the 'clown shoe' feeling. :D
Advise please, ladies, gentlemen (and other life forms)?

phizz4

Visit site
I've got 4 variations of Ariat boots (long and short) and they are all a half size smaller than my usual 9.5 UK. The one pair that are 9.5 (Devon Pro) have had to have a thicker insole added and I wear thicker socks (which is great in winter).

BSL2

Visit site
I'm normally a 5.5. The ariat grasmere fit me perfectly size 5. However I ordered the Ariat grasmere Pro gtx, as on offer and I have found they come up narrow so have needed to stretch. Will stick to normal grasmere next time, ?

wiglet

Visit site
I’ve always found Ariat boots to come up big? I’m a 5 and I do actually buy a 5 but, I do wear two pairs of thick socks. I have bought a 4 and they fitted perfectly with just normal socks on. That said, I do think Ariat boots seem to be a more narrow fit nowadays.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I have various styles of Ariat boots and trainers. I'm a size 7 and an Ariat 7 is perfect. Can wear thicker socks with the riding and walking boots. The trainers are a smidge smaller. Have to say, Ariat make the most comfortable footwear ever.

vhf

Visit site
I'm a 7.25 one foot, 7.5 the other. My ancient Ariats are a 7 and perfect, my new ones (July) are the same but still not homely yet... I hope it happens soon....

Cornish

Visit site
I have decent size 8/8.5 feet and 'shapely' calves - 8/42 standard are plenty big enough, wide leg was too wide and if working without stirrups, a standard 8 will slide off my feet...! For comparison, I can't get my foot in a Dublin size 8, I would say they are true to size/on the generous side.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Have to say, Ariat make the most comfortable footwear ever.

Totally agree - at the moment I am having a lot of pain and difficulty walking or doing anything much. But my gorgeous new Tellurides I bought hoping to spend the winter riding in (that won't be happening now:rolleyes:) have now become almost my 'medical boots' they give me great support and help me walk about fairly Ok and much more comfortable than any other footwear I have tried recently.

Hackback

Visit site
I'm a 5.5 and normally go up to a 6 in shoe makes that don't do half sizes. My Ariat Conistons (and previous Ariat long boots of various styles) are perfect at 5.5 as long as I wear 2 pairs of socks, but recently bought some Tellurides and had to get a size 5, and they're still pretty generous - still room for 2 pairs of socks. They are the most comfortable short boots I've ever worn though!

Micropony

Visit site
I suggest you invest the time in going to a shop and trying them on. I normally take a 6/6.5 but have had Bromonts and Contours in sizes ranging from 4.5 to 5.5 to get the right fit. They have also got longer, standard used to be fine for me, now I need short. Then bought some ariat country boots in an online sale, same size as my current pair of Contours, I.e. 5.5, and they are far too small. So definitely try on first if you can.