Artic soul

Tacobell

Visit site
this happened to me too. riding my 14.2 connie on the ridgeway, i was 13 at the time and was riding with a friend the same age. she just collapsed underneath me. i remember trying to drag her back as up as her eyes were still open and i didnt know/understand at that point. my friend called for help on our brick nokias and our YM came up in a 4x4 with someone else. he saw the horse and knew what had happen but knew it was a conversation for my parents to have with me. he stayed with my horse and someone drove me back to yard whilst my mum drove to yard.

so sad and so sudden.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I’m sorry you both went through that. My stepson found it really upsetting and he’s only ridden the horse once. (He got trapped under the horse too, which made it worse)

Goldenstar

Visit site
A friend lost her Tb to a rupurted Aorta n front of me it’s common in TB’s . it’s extremely quick and and he will known very little about it.
Just having done what he loved for horse it’s a good end so awful for all those who loved him .
He’s gone without them being prepared for it very very hard.
I saw him at the Europeans at Blair he was a fantastic XC horse a very very special horse.

reynold

Visit site
I seem to recall years ago that Lucinda's Wideawake died on his lap of honour from a heart attack after winning Badminton (?) (but I'm old so I might be remembering incorrectly)

Another who died doing what he loved but it is hard for those left behind as is the case with all deaths.

Orangehorse

Visit site
I seem to recall years ago that Lucinda's Wideawake died on his lap of honour from a heart attack after winning Badminton (?) (but I'm old so I might be remembering incorrectly)

Another who died doing what he loved but it is hard for those left behind as is the case with all deaths.

You are correct. It was an unusual heart condition I remember, not a heart attack as such, vagus nerve I think.