As you get older what is the most important thing you have learnt

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
the same, i thought i was ace at training dogs and couldnt understand how some owners couldnt get their dogs to recall , it seemed so easy to me... UNTIL i got a very prey driven lurcher.......

always though i was a pretty good rider until i realised some years ago that i am capable but average when compared with cdj and ch....and many other riders

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
To try not to give a crap and do what I want to do for a change. Not to swap My happiness for someone else’s neediness and focus on my goals and not sabotage myself for other people.

I have also learned that anything can happen at any time and you need to make the most of what you have as it’s never guaranteed to stick.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
Horses -they're all individuals; listen to them, they'll talk to you. No animal is nasty by nature.

People- surround yourself by people that make you happy. If you always seem stressed around somebody they're not good for you.

Take each day as it comes, try not to worry about what tomorrow might or might not bring (important as someone that struggles with anxiety)

McFluff

Visit site
Everything above.

I’ve chilled as I’ve got older, realised that just because things are urgent to others, doesn’t have to be for me.
My Motos, which I try to follow:
Never assume.
Keep an open and enquiring mind.
Keep learning and live your life.
Listen to and love your horse.