Associated Champs at Bury Farm. Who’s been?

Muddywellies

Visit site
Are all tests indoors? That indoor arena looks pretty spooky especially with that run of windows along the bottom with scary people the other side. And it looks very compact. How do people find it with not so brave horses and riders? What’s the venue like as a whole, and is the Native Breeds Champs worth a 7 hour round trip ? We’re not very good so IF we go it would simply be for the experience as I imagine the standard is quite high.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
The Natives was at Vale View last 2 years. But I took my spookpot to Bury Farm for the BRC music champs last year and she didn't actually find it too scary, which really surprised me - she is usually quite difficult indoors. I did struggle to get in the chute to go from the warm up to the indoor though :oops: I would think they will do some outdoors this year to accommodate the different classes.

Lovely venue though, I had a permanent stable which was roomy and clean. The standard is generally similar to area festivals as gold riders have been excluded so far. I think it will be a bigger show than before as the associated champs are combined into 2 big shows this year instead of lots of smaller ones.

Hallo2012

Visit site
not been before but going this year so maybe see you there :)

as MP says some classes will have to be outdoors to accommodate all the diff breeds being combined.

comet!

Visit site
It’s one of my nearest venues, but I don’t really go there much.

They often run three arenas (two outside side by side and the indoor). My horse, who’s normally quite spooky, much prefers the indoor. There is a fair bit of room on each side of the long side of indoor, it’s just the short sides where you’re very close to the cafe and the judge’s box/room.

Muddywellies

Visit site
It’s one of my nearest venues, but I don’t really go there much.

They often run three arenas (two outside side by side and the indoor). My horse, who’s normally quite spooky, much prefers the indoor. There is a fair bit of room on each side of the long side of indoor, it’s just the short sides where you’re very close to the cafe and the judge’s box/room.

Do you mind me asking why you tend not to go there? After watching you tube videos it’s those short sides in the indoor which I’m certain will cause a meltdown for my mare. She (and I) has never ridden in an arena quite like that.

comet!

Visit site
Do you mind me asking why you tend not to go there? After watching you tube videos it’s those short sides in the indoor which I’m certain will cause a meltdown for my mare. She (and I) has never ridden in an arena quite like that.
I used to go there a lot (3-4 years ago) however my horse isn’t overly keen on the outdoor surface so I tend to avoid it. To be fair, I haven’t ridden on it for two years so I might just have been unlucky (and I’m fussy!). Most other people seem to love it there, and they do hold a lot of big shows.

Muddywellies

Visit site
13 ???? Good Lord it must be a brilliant venue for you to travel that far !? And here’s me wondering if 4 hours (one way) is too far.

Britestar

Visit site
When its a champ venue, you have no choice. Drive or stay at home 🤣🤣.

Also I wouldn't say particularly spooky. We've had 7 or 8 different horses down there, and only one has been spooky, and that was the music, rather than the venue.

Muddywellies

Visit site
When its a champ venue, you have no choice. Drive or stay at home 🤣🤣
You’re right. But my dilemma is that we’re really not very good at champs - we just go to pieces. We’re not at all competitive so it’s quite a way to go for ‘the experience’. Our recent area festival was our usual disaster so this would be a vague attempt at ending the year on a good note. But I’ve absolutely no idea if this venue will cause a meltdown for my horse and it’s took far for us to pop along to visit beforehand to check it out. Just can’t decide . . . . .

Hallo2012

Visit site
they will have arena walks too which will help.

what class? if you are there for the novice mine will happily give yours a lead round the arena walk if needed :)

Muddywellies

Visit site
Ah I’m glad you mentioned that - I had been wondering about arena walks. Yes we would do novice and I’m just toying with doing ele. We would get the booby prize as we have only been winging it at ele and only get plus 60 with a very generous judge and the wind behind us ! After our shocking area festival efforts,I think I should go back to Prelim, not pass Go and not collect £200 ! Pmsl !

Hallo2012

Visit site
well if you decide to go and you want a fearless leader let me know albeit i am easy to spot as Raf's facial marking is very distinctive and he will be in his full matchy bling ensemble lol!

JulesRules

Visit site
I'm thinking about coming too as we have qualified (only at Intro) but it might be good experience for my boy.

Might see how we go at a couple of new venues over the next few weeks .

I wish it was Vale View which is much closer to home.