Astra Zeneca jab

PSD

Visit site
I had my first in March, didn’t have any adverse effects apart from being really really tired. But I have 2 small children so being tired is just part of life at the minute! Hands and feet were colder than normal too but apart from that I was fine.

Have my second next week, I’m so incredibly lucky to have been offered it as I’m 30 so my age isn’t being done yet but due to being a carer for my disabled son I was sent my letter early.

It’s so hit and miss who has any side effects, I did take paracetamol before I had mine so I’m not sure if that was a factor.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Not really surprising at all ?‍♀️. Flu and tetanus jabs have been around for decades and we are all familiar with them, the covid jab is new.

You're right. I'm one of those who happily pay to get a flu vaccination and I can't remember if I've had side effects or not. I imagine I'd remember if the vaccination had been in the news as much.

Muddywellies

Visit site
I was quite poorly after first one. Was absolutely fine other than dead arm, then from no-where, 12 hours after the jab, the side effects hit. Shivering, then fever, and terrible pain. It was quite scary that night, but next day it subsided. I was dreading the second one, but I seem to have sailed through that one with nothing more that slight light headedness.
I'd happily have them again as I entirely believe it's for 'the greater good' and the only way back to any sort of normality.

Annagain

Visit site
I didn't even have a sore arm but I did take paracetamol 2 hours before my jab and every 4 hours for the rest of the day just in case. A friend who works in public health told me to just take it proactively rather than wait for symptoms. My mum was quite rough the first time round but fine for the second. My 98yr old gran had nothing.

wispagold

Visit site
I've got my first jab at 7:30pm tonight. I don't know which one I am getting but I really hope I don't feel too bad as I have a 5 week old baby that I will be up all night breastfeeding regardless of how I am feeling. I think I will take a couple of paracetamol before I go to bed just in case. I had covid in January and wonder if that makes a difference to how you react. I only had mild symptoms at the time.

Scotsbadboy

Visit site
I had my 1st AZ jab Sunday morning and by Sunday night i was floored, in bed shivering, sweating, headache, felt absolutely rotten! Spent Monday on the sofa and felt well enough to do bare minimum to horse Monday afternoon/ early evening! Headache subsided yesterday? Ate paracetamol which just didnt help!

Last edited:

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Not really surprising at all ?‍♀️. Flu and tetanus jabs have been around for decades and we are all familiar with them, the covid jab is new.

There are plenty of flu jab refuseniks too, inc medical professionals, which is rather scary.
I've had a flu jab every year for many years and the only time I had a reaction was the year of the swine flu outbreak. That jab gave me the cold shivery feeling mentioned in this thread. my Pfizer covid jab just gave me a bit of a sore arm.

Visit site
Just wanted to offer a little reassurance to anyone worried. (Obviously, I understand everyone reacts differently) my mum has antiphospholipid Syndrome which is an immune disease that causes blood clots (she has previously had two strokes caused by blood clots travelling to her brain). She has had both AZ vaccines and despite us all being very worried, she has been absolutely fine (last jab around 5 weeks ago now I think). Both my parents (70s) reported feeling like they were jetlagged after the first jab but absolutely nothing after the second.

We wish we could get the AZ vaccine but Denmark have obviously withdrawn that and the J&J one.

Abby-Lou

Visit site
Frist one jab at 12noon in middle of night shivering then boiling hot, headache, following day tired but probably from lack of sleep through night. Roll on jab number two in a few weeks time

Sealine

Visit site
I had my first jab at 5pm and felt a bit groggy the next morning but still rode, mucked out etc. By 5pm the next day I felt tired and shivery so I took a couple of paracetamol and went to bed. Felt fine when I got up the next day. I've not had my second jab yet.

cindars

Visit site
OH and I had ours same day both had similar effects ie aches,very tired I had a headache and both last appetite. Second jab tired again and a bit woozy.

Suechoccy

Visit site
1st AZ jab 10am, by 7pm I suddenly felt exhausted, went to bed, cold shiver tremors and horrendous joint pains all night till 5am. Next day temperature and joints fine but felt wiped-out, fine by evening and since.
2nd AZ jab 10am, no reaction that day but following day was noticeably irritable and felt like you do just-before-you-go-down-with-cold/flu, that sort of on-the-edge feeling, not quite right but not wrong enough to go to bed. Back to normal since.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
1st AZ jab 10am, by 7pm I suddenly felt exhausted, went to bed, cold shiver tremors and horrendous joint pains all night till 5am. Next day temperature and joints fine but felt wiped-out, fine by evening and since.
2nd AZ jab 10am, no reaction that day but following day was noticeably irritable and felt like you do just-before-you-go-down-with-cold/flu, that sort of on-the-edge feeling, not quite right but not wrong enough to go to bed. Back to normal since.

Oh dear. Your side effects are my normal everyday. :D

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Two days after 2nd dose and beginning to get back to normal. It wasn't as bad as the first dose, more like I'd been slipped a good dose of valium. :D