At last.....

Annagain

Visit site
After 14 months, countless messages, 100+ phonecalls, over 2000 miles, at least 25 horses (I've lost count), 2 trips to A&E, 1 torn hamstring, 1 concussion and a new hat.... at last, meet Charlie.

He's 6, apparently 16.1 (he looks a bit bigger but I haven't measured him) of unregistered breeding but clearly a lot of draught. He came over from Ireland and I picked him up from the same dealer as the one that I had the (2nd) fall from. She has been fab, kept in touch over the last 10 months and contacted me a few weeks ago to say she had the one for me - and she was right! He's a total sweetheart and I'm smitten. He's met his big brother and I think they're going to get on just fine, although cousin Monty wasn't quite so welcoming at first - they've settled to an understanding now though. The no grey rule worked well, didn't it!

Ej8lmcU.jpg

Hxa25hj.jpg

GKRlhXe.jpg

Last edited:

Trouper

Visit site
How gorgeous - love the dark mane. Looks quite a bit of ID in the head so maybe a smidgeon more growing to do??

Annagain

Visit site
How gorgeous - love the dark mane. Looks quite a bit of ID in the head so maybe a smidgeon more growing to do??
He's definitely got quite a bit of filling out to do as he's quite leggy at the moment and another inch wouldn't surprise me. When he's on his own he looks huge but when he's next to Arch, who is 16.3, he definitely looks smaller than him and he's in 6'6" rugs whereas M and A are in 6'9" or even 7' with some for M so it's not the end of the world if he does grow a little bit as he can share their rugs then! I'm hoping the dark mane will stay but I know it probably won't - his tail is already a lot lighter. His face is quite fleabitten so I'm hoping he'll go dappled to fleabitten and skip over the white stage! I think I'll have a couple of years of dark legs at least though.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i was really excited when i saw the title of the post, lovely horse, really pleased for you, i remember trying to find you , the one !! hope you have lots of fun with him., yes the no grey rule worked really well :)