Avoid buying a horse with these names

Shantara

Visit site
I don't like animals with people names. I like to get creative!...

...remind me again why I fell in love with a 'Ned'?!

(Or rather 'British' names, I like foreign!)

PolarSkye

Visit site
Kali . . . she's apparently the Hindu goddess of death (and, yes, that's my horse's name - and he's a gelding ).

I love him to bits and he's a real sweetheart, but I would argue that naming a horse after the "dark mother" is akin to naming him Lucifer, Damien (which was the name our pup came with until we changed it to Freddie), or Beelzebub.

P

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
i would never ever ever trust a horse called Enzo since knowing one that was quite literally funny in the head.
If i was buying a horse now i woudnt ever go and look if it was called Enzo!!

Kiristamm

Visit site
I know a really nice teddy and 2 really nice georges!

All of mine i have named have had human names! (rory, patrick, dolly (dorothy), james, jay, isabelle, william and my all time fav - BRUCE)

I hate the name Princess..... or Tinkerbell or Bambi (17hh ISH)... that name was changed pretty fast by my friend!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I would also recommend never getting one with the same name as your partner I rode one for an owner with the same Christian name as my OH it was very naughty leaving my over half permanently jumpy as Gary no no you b******d filtered off the yard.
Got him on the right track got him sold never managed to trian the OH fully though !

Kiristamm

Visit site
I would also recommend never getting one with the same name as your partner I rode one for an owner with the same Christian name as my OH it was very naughty leaving my over half permanently jumpy as Gary no no you b******d filtered off the yard.
Got him on the right track got him sold never managed to trian the OH fully though !

I love it! And the horse is called Gary, what a cool name!:D:D

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site

Agree with this!
When we were looking for our first horse, sis and I tried 'Henry', the current rider, who was nowhere in evidence had apparently 'taken up football'. I'm not surprised, if Mum and dad had been daft enough to buy him, I think we probably would have taken it up too.

The horse we did buy was named George though, I now have a soft spot for all Georges.

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Goldendstar
My warmblood is called Perry, that's my last name so he is technicaly Perry Perry!
(Oh and my first name is Katy!)

Teasle
My sisters horse is Storm, she has only had him a few months, is registered name is Apaches Lucky Storm, so our mum keeps saying he should go by the name Lucky!

skint1

Visit site
Basil - he tried to kill me, other than that he was quite nice really. :p:D

ETA I bought a mare called Princess and changed her name. Still have her 30 years down the line so can't have been that unlucky. :)

BASIL?! Surely no horse called Basil can ever be bad! Look at his Basil-ly little face :D
IMG00257-20120206-1221.jpg

It's the Bellas you want to watch!

MrsHutt

Visit site
I know some lovely 'Bobs'!

When I took my sons & their two friends for their first ride (while on hols in France), the eldest was a bit nervous - but when he met his huge, black, prancing and snorting 'Diablo', he said 'no way' :D