Avoid buying a horse with these names

saffytessa

Visit site
Worked on yards with a horse called Dizzy that launched at the stable door with his teeth set to kill :rolleyes: and a cob called Bob who was a **** to catch and would spin and double barrel you in the field or stable :eek: Plus it took at least two of us to tack him up.

My youngster was called Foxy Princess in her passport when I bought her. She came from a dealer who never really called her anything so I promptly changed. Wasn't going to shout either of those across the field! :cool:

overtherainbow

Visit site
i have a Queenie and a Royal (not intentional, both came to me called those names) which i find a little embarrassing- also nearly didnt by a pony as his passport name is nugget. Fortunately he answers to Charlie and always has!

though incidentally if anyone knows of a Prince, Duke or Princess I would be interested in adding to the collection :p

Mike007

Visit site
I met a horse called"jack the ripper" the other day, what a sweatheart he was.How could anyone name a horse that, even on his passport. If I posted a video of him you would all be round trying to steal him!:D I guess the only thing he might ever rip would be the odd rug:D.

Tim's Girl

Visit site
my horses stable name is Tim but gets yelled at as Timothy when digging up the field. he came to me with that name. we also have a dylan who can be a grumpy old git. a bambi who has big eyes and a spirit who is full of attitude but he is a section d!!

used to own a horse called monty (registered monty van t) who tried to kill me. used to come at you with teeth and front feet. had to wear a hat, gloves and coat just to get him in and out from the field and he also bit me. still have the scar on my arm 2 years later!! so tend to avoid that name now.

Cocorules

Visit site
Our local riding school gave its ponies human names. All 3 of my sisters kids have been named after ponies we knew on that yard. Her OH has no idea! One of mine was Andromeda on her passport but that got changed rapidly

Fools Motto

Visit site
Sinbad , Dennis (the menace), WatchMe (she was evil, and at stud she hated the stallion:eek:) Christmas, Muffin, Oddjob and Jinx to name a few!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I met a horse called"jack the ripper" the other day, what a sweatheart he was.How could anyone name a horse that, even on his passport. If I posted a video of him you would all be round trying to steal him!:D I guess the only thing he might ever rip would be the odd rug:D.

That's awesome - if I had a horse called Jack (which, btw is the least imaginative name ever) I would rename him The Ripper :D

I have also competed J (unaff obv) as Mycobacterium tuberculosis :cool:

FionaM12

Visit site

:eek::eek: That's a bit sick, isn't it? :( Poor horse.

Fii

Visit site
Not Brian from Lanehouse?

I dont know what lanehouse is.
he came from Beaulieu rd sales as a foal, he looked like a mule, mane stood on end, scraggy bottle brush tail, brown with a dorsal stripe!
Very ugly/plain, he was a Brian from word go.
he is currently on loan, and has his own fb page!

rhino

Visit site
I dont know what lanehouse is.
he came from Beaulieu rd sales as a foal, he looked like a mule, mane stood on end, scraggy bottle brush tail, brown with a dorsal stripe!
Very ugly/plain, he was a Brian from word go.
he is currently on loan, and has his own fb page!

Ah sorry, Lanehouse is/was a big riding school just outside Weymouth. My friend sold them a pony called Brian a few years ago, and I thought there couldn't be too many 'Brian' ponies circulating in Dorset. Obviously there are at least 2 though! :eek: :D

Fii

Visit site
And if we,r doing funny/ appropriate / non-appropriate, or just plain wrong, names.....
What about our favourite forum resident............. Drum roll..........
..........FANY

5horses2dogsandacat

Generally on a hill.. when not blown off the side.
Visit site
My tb is called rhubarb.... not much to add to that.

My pally mare came to me as sunny, quickly changed to tipsy.

Then my appy mare is called floor. I often wonder what happened to the horses walls and ceiling.. perhaps there was a door too!!

Other name wise not keen on trigger, Sam or ginger for horse names. Would quite like to call a horse Sebastian... seb for short ;)