Avoid sleekez

dianchi

Visit site
HI All,

I know that we often have a whinge about products, but please do not part with your money to this company.

Poor product, badly finished, wont refund, poor customer service, over priced!

Much better coat removing products out there!!!

Dont make the mistake i did!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have never heard of this product. Just googled it and it seems to look like a hacksaw blade set into a wooden handle? On the video it looks to get the hair out.

I would be very careful giving a vague dis on a company. I think it would be more helpful if you were specific in exactly what was wrong with the product and in what way they showed poor customer service?

I guess the price is worth it to some, not to others.

conniegirl

Visit site
Sleekez is a cheap, far too large, poorly thought out copy of the furminator.

The furminator is worth its weight in gold!

dianchi

Visit site
Placed order- no mention of no stock- immediately took money
3 Days later send a no stock email, with a week extra lead time
Arrives, Postage costs 1/2 of what they charged (so over chargement), poorly wrapped/ envelopes ripped- no packing slip etc

Product its self is nice to hold in the hand, but is an untreated bit of wood that marks easily and not sure what will happen if it gets damp.
The "blade" was covered in glue from poor manufacture which I had to pick off before being able to use.
You cant replace the blade as its just glued in, so when it dulls or blunts you have to buy a whole new one.

Contacted them and they didnt care, no apology, stated prices are set by the states (where its cheaper?!), no offer to help.
£25 out of pocket.

Def should have stuck with old tried and tested shedding blades!

http://www.barnstormers.co.uk/acatalog/Grooming_Accessories.html

Shady

Visit site
How did you pay D ? you might be able to claim back the money ' goods not fit for purpose, poor quality' etc , i use paypal now for this reason so i can open a case and i've won 3 times now for shoddy goods, i hate losing money that i work my butt off to earn so i'm sorry you are out of pocket, it sucks, xxxx

keepitugly

Visit site
I actually have one of these and I think it's really good, not as good as it looked on the video mind you, but still I find it better than a normal shedding blade. I had no problems with packaging/stock/delivery etc.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have an equigroomer from clippersharp, the small one as I have little hands.

It is fab and doesn't clog up like a furminator.

Dubsie

Visit site
Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to inspect the goods and if not happy return them (at your cost) for a full refund including refund of the postage you paid to the company. All you need do is advise them within 7 days that you're cancelling the contract, and return it with the original packaging - I'd recommend using a signed for delivery. They have to refund you.

Barnacle

Visit site
I ordered 5 of these. They were out of stock then also but not a big deal. Got them, all good. Perfectly happy. They are better than a furminator in my opinion and far more effective than a traditional shedding blade. There is now a company producing an identical copy of this product in the UK, however. I can't remember what it's called but if you want the product without the hassle of shipping, that's where to go.

9tails

Visit site
I ordered 5 of these. They were out of stock then also but not a big deal. Got them, all good. Perfectly happy. They are better than a furminator in my opinion and far more effective than a traditional shedding blade. There is now a company producing an identical copy of this product in the UK, however. I can't remember what it's called but if you want the product without the hassle of shipping, that's where to go.

It's the Equigroomer. Better quality product too from images.

dianchi

Visit site
I am mildly annoyed that I will end up out of pocket for 2x Shipping cos their product is cr@p

More than happy to send back but I think its a little unfair that when they over charged for postage that i lose that plus the cost of having to send back :(

merlinsquest

Visit site
But they haven't overcharged you for postage, someone has to actually pack the thing which takes time & has to be paid for, plus the packing materials aren't free either. If they have sent it Royal Mail rather than a courier then they have also had to drive to the Post Office as well, so more time involved. If you are unhappy, then pack it up & send it back as you are entitled to do, the returns policy should be clearly displayed on their website.

jt123

New User
Visit site
Dianchi,

As a representative of SleekEZ, I am guessing that this was from several months ago when we had an onslaught of orders from the Spring. I do not know to whom you had such an experience from SleekEZ, or if you even ordered direct. I do know that the shipping overseas is exactly what the commercial rate is that we actually pass on to the customer. We do not even charge a handling fee to the customer.
As far as the condition of the product when you received it that is totally unacceptable. We did have a period of time that product was going directly from the mill to a fulfillment house so there was some oversight in quality control. Furthermore, all units were instructed to be individually shrink wrapped and contain information. The packing slip is on the customs form that is stuck to the package.
Because of various complaints, shipments not sent or the wrong order received, we no longer contract with that fulfillment house and are once again sending orders direct. You should have NEVER received a product that looked as you described.
All the product have been finished with a wax coating, and it is then shrink wrapped.
As for the blade, it isn't a "blade" per se that needs to be sharpened. It is actually a patented metal unit with a specific pattern of tiny teeth made specifically for SleekEZ. It really does not become dull. It does not shave the hair. If it does not seem to be as effective, take a good scrub with a brush to the teeth to clean between the teeth. You might also apply some wood conditioner to the handle and olive oil to the blade to preserve it. I have been using the same as many of our customers for over three years now. So, it is a great value considering its effectiveness and life.
If you will please email us again at info@sleekez.com, I will see to it that this is rectified immediately and we can refund you or send to you one as it should have been sent in the first place.
We do have two distributors in the UK now and hope that this will reduce the cost of shipping. We have sold many to the UK and continue having happy customers. Eqclusive.com and Wrightequine.com are fabulous and put the customer first.
Again, so sorry that you had this experience. We did have a bit of a tough time last April and May and did the best that we could with a limited staff. We have learned our lessons and hope to never have any of our customers have such an experience. We DO love our customers and think of all as part of a large family.

Last edited:

Equi

Visit site
Glad that post had come on here. Much better than some other companies responses! Wel done sleekez

dianchi

Visit site
Dianchi,

As a representative of SleekEZ, I am guessing that this was from several months ago when we had an onslaught of orders from the Spring. I do not know to whom you had such an experience from SleekEZ, or if you even ordered direct. I do know that the shipping overseas is exactly what the commercial rate is that we actually pass on to the customer. We do not even charge a handling fee to the customer.
As far as the condition of the product when you received it that is totally unacceptable. We did have a period of time that product was going directly from the mill to a fulfillment house so there was some oversight in quality control. Furthermore, all units were instructed to be individually shrink wrapped and contain information. The packing slip is on the customs form that is stuck to the package.
Because of various complaints, shipments not sent or the wrong order received, we no longer contract with that fulfillment house and are once again sending orders direct. You should have NEVER received a product that looked as you described.
All the product have been finished with a wax coating, and it is then shrink wrapped.
As for the blade, it isn't a "blade" per se that needs to be sharpened. It is actually a patented metal unit with a specific pattern of tiny teeth made specifically for SleekEZ. It really does not become dull. It does not shave the hair. If it does not seem to be as effective, take a good scrub with a brush to the teeth to clean between the teeth. You might also apply some wood conditioner to the handle and olive oil to the blade to preserve it. I have been using the same as many of our customers for over three years now. So, it is a great value considering its effectiveness and life.
If you will please email us again at info@sleekez.com, I will see to it that this is rectified immediately and we can refund you or send to you one as it should have been sent in the first place.
We do have two distributors in the UK now and hope that this will reduce the cost of shipping. We have sold many to the UK and continue having happy customers. Eqclusive.com and Wrightequine.com are fabulous and put the customer first.
Again, so sorry that you had this experience. We did have a bit of a tough time last April and May and did the best that we could with a limited staff. We have learned our lessons and hope to never have any of our customers have such an experience. We DO love our customers and think of all as part of a large family.

Have PM you on this.
Hopefully can get this sorted as still have a cr@p product at the moment and an impossible distributor/reseller that you name above!

Queenbee

Visit site
Have PM you on this.
Hopefully can get this sorted as still have a cr@p product at the moment and an impossible distributor/reseller that you name above!

Fantastic to see such a response from the seller on here... I echo the sentiment of equi, perhaps one of the best seller responses I have seen on HHO, I really hope this can resolve the issue for dianchi, and hopefully from the tone of the sellers post they will be interested to hear that one of their resellers are not portraying them in a favorable light.

Fingers crossed for a good resolution on this dianchi

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
my easigroomer does good on a hairy welsh...

eggs essentially they are hacksaw blades so ;). Not something I have a ready supply of though :D

Last edited: