Awful online saddlery - help me get my money back!

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
I ordered a saddle on thursday, which arrived on friday. Great, except it is the wrong size AND style.

Am trying to get them to refund the postage costs to return it (they are refunding the cost of the saddle, but not delivery/return costs which amount to £50
mad.gif
) because the saddle is clearly NOT as described.

So far I have been told that:-
1) It must be a jump saddle because the cantle is square
smirk.gif

2) It is 16.5", I just can't measure
smirk.gif

3) It might fit the horse anyway, I should try it on her.... The fact that it isn't what I ordered is seemingly irrelevant.

So... how do I go about getting my money back?
I can get pictures/descriptions off the manufacturers website which prove that it is a GP, and I reckon I can get a Saddle Company fitter to verify it too.
I am going to take pictures of me measuring it at 17" before it goes back.

What else can I do?
Am fuming, the service is beyond awful!

mad.gif

kit279

Visit site
The words you're searching for are 'Trading Standards' closely followed by 'bad publicity' and 'go to the press'... That may very well get you a result. I'd be asking to speak to the MD and making a lot of agressive litigous-sounding noise..

hellspells

Visit site
Do you have a copy of your orginal order?

Prehaps send a very well worded letter, including pictures as to why this is not what you ordered (including a copy of orginal order). Saying that you have/will be seeking legal advice etc

What happened to the customer is always always right?

Lill

Visit site
I got sent the wrong saddle by Derby House once, i ordered a jump saddle and got sent a GP/Showing saddle, but hey i got the better deal i paid £500, the saddle they sent me was actually worth £650!!
smirk.gif

MarinaBay

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I got sent the wrong saddle by Derby House once, i ordered a jump saddle and got sent a GP/Showing saddle, but hey i got the better deal i paid £500, the saddle they sent me was actually worth £650!!
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha brilliant! Did you keep it?

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
QR

Thanks all.
I have a copy of the receipt they sent me which describes the saddle as a '16.5" Saddle Co saddle, Black' but makes no mention of the style
frown.gif

As soon as the saddle arrived and I discovered it was wrong I went to print the details off the website but they had already pulled it's advert.
I have a post-it note that I scribbled the details down on before I ordered, but that probably doesn't stand up to much!
smirk.gif

Lill

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha brilliant! Did you keep it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep
grin.gif

Used it on Blue for 4yrs and now it doesn't fit him its sat in my cupboard and hopefully it will fit Merlin when he is old enough
laugh.gif

Salcey

Visit site
It actually doesn't matter that they sent the wrong one or have pulled the advert. Inform them you are entitled to send it back and recoup costs for doing so as per the Distance Selling Regulations.