Awful start to 2012 - Lost my beautiful boy this morning

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
How absolutely awful for you. You made the right decision. How I wish I could turn the clock back to when my boy had colic. I would have had him PTS at home rather than travel him the two hours to hospital and put him through surgery, only to have him paralysed. At least your boy went to sleep when he needed to. It was a very brave decision.

Cluny

Visit site
What a tragic loss, I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you. I lost my boy way before his time a couple of months ago, it's bad enough loosing them but even worse when they go early.

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
So sorry to read this, it is one week today since I lost my baby boy to colic and the tears are running freely again for both of them. Colic is unbelievably cruel and quick, I have never experienced it before and hope I never have to again.
I had so many messages of sympathy and support and it helped so much to know people who didn't have to showed care. Take care of yourself, big hugs x x

Chestnutmare

Visit site
Oh god I am so sorry for your loss how very tragic, bless you both least you were able to end his pain and let him go peacefully.

Big hugs for you (((( )))))

RIP Axle

Colic is so damn cruel.... :(

mga4ever

Visit site
Am sorry for your loss sending u a big hug. Is a bad start to the year for us too as we had the vet to our old man who wasn't right this morning and they have diagnosed liver failure.

Baldybear

www.freewebs.com
I lost my boy, RIP Baldrick last night, he had had a good life, so different to your horse, but I am at peace knowing that I made that difficult decision before things could have got worse, RIP Axle he will be loved and treasured for many years.

Wish there were the right words but am grateful for the time we had together, they were the best days of my life!

Lots of hugs.

bumblelion

Visit site
So sorry to hear about your loss :( what an awful start to the year and so sudden.

Big (((((hugs))))) for you. Rip axle, run free in horsey heaven x x

Rosehip

Visit site
My thoughts are with you, I lost my girl 8 years tomorrow, its an awful time of year to lose them - not that there is ever a good time.
Pool House are good, I like Sarah and Renske for their straight forward way of looking at things, they are kind too.

Always Henesy

Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss. The right decision to make for your darling boy, although the pain is unbearable I know.
I lost Henesy 26th August this year at 13 - I understand how hard this is for you. Sending you hugs. May God rest his soul.
RIP xx

Meandtheboys

Visit site
I lost my boy, RIP Baldrick last night, he had had a good life, so different to your horse, but I am at peace knowing that I made that difficult decision before things could have got worse, RIP Axle he will be loved and treasured for many years.

Wish there were the right words but am grateful for the time we had together, they were the best days of my life!

Lots of hugs.

Sorry about your loss too** RIP Baldrick**........I think it doesn't matter the circumstances in which that awful desicion has to be made - its heatbreaking

Meandtheboys

Visit site
My thoughts are with you, I lost my girl 8 years tomorrow, its an awful time of year to lose them - not that there is ever a good time.
Pool House are good, I like Sarah and Renske for their straight forward way of looking at things, they are kind too.

Renske was the vet and she was brilliant..........we discuissed the options / outcomes and she made it so much easier, also she talked through what would happen and sorted out the 'other' horrible decisions.

Huge thanks again to the Vet..........