Back in the saddle - jennifer saunders programme....

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Nice enuff, lol, what a jump, and floaty paces, what more do you want.......... a real nice type.

Funnily enough, I agree with Burtie.

His movement actually wasn't that great, very straight through the shoulder, but of course, he had a tremendous jump.

But I guess that's why these guys make so much money - I guess they can spot things that your average Joe can't.

Andalusianlover1

Visit site
I thoroughly enjoyed the programme.

How many of you logged on to the Irish guys website to see what he had on there for sale??????????? lol:D

Looking forward to next weeks episode.

Her kids have always ridden so I expect there are a few more horse in her yard as well as Biscuit.

LJN

Visit site
My OH is not horsey at all, a couple of months ago he watched the programme that Martin Clunes made, and last night he watched the JS one - at the end, he turned to me and said 'I totally understand now, it's not just about the riding. I get it'

HORAHHHHH!!!!! It's only taken five years.... but thank you Martin and Jen!
:D

Feathered

Visit site
Just watched it, thought she was great and love how she managed to get across that it's not just about the riding or competing, it's the warm horse on a frosty morning, the smell of leather, the soft muzzle, even the picking up poo!!

I think she managed to capture the inner pony mad 8yr old in all of us horsey women! :D

Ps. I want Jack!

philamena

Visit site
My OH is not horsey at all, a couple of months ago he watched the programme that Martin Clunes made, and last night he watched the JS one - at the end, he turned to me and said 'I totally understand now, it's not just about the riding. I get it'

HORAHHHHH!!!!! It's only taken five years.... but thank you Martin and Jen!
:D

Love it :) :) :)

Faithkat

Visit site
I thought e15K was a lot too. The vendor said e17.5k initially as well!

. . . and there are an awful lot of horses out there that were very expensive as babies and that fail to deliver. I nearly fell off the sofa when they said 15,000 euros - that's about £12,000 isn't it, and the horse wasn't that wonderful. OK, it jumped but so do lots of youngsters especially without a person on their backs to mess them up!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I thoroughly enjoyed the programme.

How many of you logged on to the Irish guys website to see what he had on there for sale??????????? lol:D

What was his name???lol!

I thought e15K was a lot too. The vendor said e17.5k initially as well!

My friend has an ex- Ollie Townend horse that was sold at novice level. She paid £8k for it but it had been bought from Ireland for £15k. A real quality horse, but a bit too much of a fruit loop for the dressage phase. We thought it was strange to lose so much money, but I guess he only needs one horse out of ten to go to good advanced and he can sell it back for more than the ten horses cost... That other horse that was shortlisted for the olympic team with that girl had had huge offers...

-Sj-

Visit site
I really enjoyed it. Welldone jennifer saunders and tim & piggy! felt so heart broken for piggy when she was talking about going to the olympics :(

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
. . . and there are an awful lot of horses out there that were very expensive as babies and that fail to deliver. I nearly fell off the sofa when they said 15,000 euros - that's about £12,000 isn't it, and the horse wasn't that wonderful. OK, it jumped but so do lots of youngsters especially without a person on their backs to mess them up!

Remember they are dealing on TV ;) I think it was quite a fair ask, I didnt say its breeding too remember. Moved nice enough and had a nice pop (backend could have been a bit better). The guy selling needs to make his margin and the guy buying will want potential to make his in a year or two

Mariposa

Visit site
I absolutely LOVED this show! Made me laugh so much as she was spot on with all her observations about Pony Club, and I really empathized with her nerves! And she is so likeable, I thought she was fantastic.

Isn't it refreshing to have a lovely horsey programme on TV for once, I can't wait to watch next week!

Equinus

Visit site
Enjoyable bit of telly, we both enjoyed it. Though if she really hadn't ridden for that long she would not have been able to walk the next day!

Interesting snippet was at pony club, where the field companion to our lad (and his girlfriend) had her moment of glory, didn't even know she was going to be on it. (Work funny hours, don't often see anyone at the yard to talk to.:D)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Its funny how similar that clip of Dawn French and herself was to the pony club diddies at Somerford Park on the TV prog! One putting its head down and refusing to move while another charged past fences!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
oooooo just got this lined up to watch - waiting for hubby, he loved Martin Clunes (he ALWAYS cries ) so I've got the tissues ready. Such a bloody softie. x

attheponies

Visit site
Loved the programme (especially the PC - brought back many happy memories) and thought JS was great though agree with the comments that it all came across as a bit too easy. Just not convinced on the apparent aims of the programme - opening up the equine world and overcoming the elitist image (Ermm..lesson with TS, input from Princess Anne and youngsters selling for 15,000E +!). Horses are expensive and require huge amounts of time and commitment, isn't it false to pretend otherwise? Discuss!

starryeyed

Visit site
Just saw it! (Bloody power cut!)
Loved every minute, jennifer saunders & horses = my two favourite things ever :D

Is it on again same time next week? I googled it but couldn't see anything, not sure if I'm being blonde..?!

felt so heart broken for piggy when she was talking about going to the olympics :(

^ Me too :( Her face lit up when she talked about it, felt so sorry for her.

Venevidivici

Visit site
attheponies...I agree. Loved the programme but unfortunately it did nothing to dispel the 'horse riding is for the rich/plummy voiced/advantaged'. JS is lovely (and comes across fairly 'posh' whateber that is)but no-one else she met or spoke to on that programme was anything near your normal average Joe Public. Shame but probably true-the vast majority of us are not loaded (& definitely not once we
have horses!) but we are not usually at the bottom end of the social spectrum. I would love to see more projects like the one in London that exists&got lottery funding...is it called the Ebony
Riding Centre or something? Brings horses to inner city,often deprived, kids,(well,brings them to horses actually but you know what I mean). I know this wasn't the point of the JS programme but just commenting:-/