Bad horse mummy (thinking of PTS)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I have pony with borderline laminitis and I would never dream of having her PTS in those circumstances. I manage her very carefully and she is kept sound and happy, Too old to be ridden.
I would start by getting the pony on prascend for at least a trial. IMHO with experience of cushings 54 would be medicated and medication so far (for several years) means my pony remains sound and can also have grazing. In the meantime I would get the shoes off. That way you can monitor what the feet are really feeling and get in quick before things go too far. I use hoof boots if mine needs them. That makes her ultra comfy.

Mine was like yours (except unshod) and I was able to quickly turn things around and now she has the quality of life of a normal pony (she is 32) and I watch and check her constantly like a hawk.
Me too, my pony is on laminitis watch all the time and restricted grazing as is my gelding. I would never pts until there was NO option left, have you checked the pulses daily??

Having had 1 vet who did not diagnose my MOAL two years running with laminitis just fobed off as asthma, hence I lost my mare when it progressed to lameness. I would advise change your vets they sound hopeless