Badminton 2024 thread

Nicnac

Visit site
Apparently it's dried loads today and it was trainer time even at GR.

@DoodleE is member of EHOA and K is Kick on which are separate prizes. Not sure what Kick on quali criteria is but friend who is doing it just hit 60 so maybe for the more mature participants?

Nicnac

Visit site
After waiting for ages in Lane due to people being towed onto some campsite fields I was confident I could drive my large 7.5t in as didn't require a tow out last year.
If the lady in front of me hadn't beached her camper van and slewed across the track I would have been fine. Towed onto pitch.- the shame 😁. Drying up nicely and GR XC held up really well.

Anyone know why Tom mcEwan WD? Seemed to be v last minute.

teapot

Visit site
After waiting for ages in Lane due to people being towed onto some campsite fields I was confident I could drive my large 7.5t in as didn't require a tow out last year.
If the lady in front of me hadn't beached her camper van and slewed across the track I would have been fine. Towed onto pitch.- the shame 😁. Drying up nicely and GR XC held up really well.

Anyone know why Tom mcEwan WD? Seemed to be v last minute.

Ohh interesting - that's the mare that disappeared for over a year and then suddenly has appeared again :confused:

Chiffy

Visit site
Just saying a quick hello on this thread as I will be a Badminton follower from home this year. Eventually watched the trot up yesterday evening and plan to pop indoors from lawn mowing today to watch the dressage tests I am particularly interested in.
High excitement here yesterday as our friend’s son WON the Grassroots 90 class. Some achievement from around 100 competitors and some very close scores!
Enjoy , everyone!

Nicnac

Visit site
Just saying a quick hello on this thread as I will be a Badminton follower from home this year. Eventually watched the trot up yesterday evening and plan to pop indoors from lawn mowing today to watch the dressage tests I am particularly interested in.
High excitement here yesterday as our friend’s son WON the Grassroots 90 class. Some achievement from around 100 competitors and some very close scores!
Enjoy , everyone!
He was brilliant. Such a teenager when he removed his hat for photos he quickly fluffed up his hair 😁 Lovely horse too.

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Morning guys! I'm going to nip in and out over the weekend as typically working.
I know the winner of the 90 a little too, as he rides a horse belonging to friends of ours!
First test started well! I know the people who had him from a foal and got him eventing originally. Lovely to see him at 5*!

TheMule

Visit site
I've enjoyed watching these first few tests before my morning meetings start. Thought Boyd's test was really lovely and feels to me that it could've scored better than 29, so perhaps we're on a tough dressage judging year this year?!

I agree, Tsetserleg is such a beautiful type of a horse and he didn’t do much wrong, but I guess just not expressive and 'wow'

CatInTheSaddle

Visit site
Tsetserleg is one of my all time favourites - made me sad when they said he's 17 this year! Bit too exciting for Pippa, not the best start.

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Maja's Hope was a wee bit naughty there!
Nice to see CBI Aldo do a reasonable test for his first 5*. I saw him winning the Intermediate at Burgham 2 years ago and then placing at Blair last year.

Kadastorm

Visit site
I missed the first session, what happened with Majas Hope?

Also, anyone else’s Badminton TV seriously lagging & jumpy, and also kicking you out every now and then? It’s really freaking annoying!

sportsmansB

Visit site
My TV is OK not jumping, but the camera angles are very annoying - who wants to watch a halt and RB from underneath it when you can't see the squareness of the halt, the submission, etc

Kadastorm

Visit site
Ok, I’m going to swap from my comp to my tv as it might just be that. I’m being lazy as I was working late and wanted to stay in bed 😂

sassandbells

Visit site
I dont normally watch equestrian events as I’m normally working, but my partner bought me Badminton TV so I’ve been watching this morning and thoroughly enjoying! Boyd has always been a favourite of mine, but what a quiet rider Felix Vogg is!

CatInTheSaddle

Visit site
I missed the first session, what happened with Majas Hope?

Also, anyone else’s Badminton TV seriously lagging & jumpy, and also kicking you out every now and then? It’s really freaking annoying!
Tense all the way through, then reared and scuttled backwards rather than halt and rein back!