Badminton Grassroots - what an experience!

LFD

Visit site
Well done to you both - what a great achievement and in such horrible conditions!

It must have been a wonderful feeling crossing that finish line knowing you had gone round clear!

Super photos too :)

star

Visit site
Well done to you both - what a great achievement and in such horrible conditions!

It must have been a wonderful feeling crossing that finish line knowing you had gone round clear!

Super photos too :)

I whooped very loudly. It was such a relief to come home safely after last year's disaster. That feeling will keep me on a high for a long time!

lindsayH

Visit site
Thrilled for you! I'm another who really, really hates windy weather, especially if it's raining so I'm so impressed. Where do you buy your brave pants from? I could do with a pair the same :-D What a cracking horse, you must be so proud of him.

siennamum

Visit site
I saw you just the few fences after the water and you really had some horrid weather. I did feel for you, thought you looked like you were having a fun round, you looked like you were just aiming for a safe clear. It's such a shame when the weather is foul like that.
I am super impressed with Chris Burton - what a fab trainer to go that extra mile for you, does he travel as far as the SW to teach do you know?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Fabulous pictures and what a wonderful experience, such a shame the weather was foul. Next year it will be nice for you.

star

Visit site
Thrilled for you! I'm another who really, really hates windy weather, especially if it's raining so I'm so impressed. Where do you buy your brave pants from? I could do with a pair the same :-D What a cracking horse, you must be so proud of him.

You wouldn't ask that if you saw me crying like a baby in the dressage warmup unable to get my horse into the SJ warmup and ready to bale out and go home. Owe a lot to my support team for kicking my ass and getting me out there. I'm not naturally brave. Felt so sick for the entire time. But the huge sense of satisfaction from finishing clear is so worth it!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
You wouldn't ask that if you saw me crying like a baby in the dressage warmup unable to get my horse into the SJ warmup and ready to bale out and go home. Owe a lot to my support team for kicking my ass and getting me out there. I'm not naturally brave. Felt so sick for the entire time. But the huge sense of satisfaction from finishing clear is so worth it!

BUT....you did it, enjoyed it and put in a ton of work to achieve it so stop being negative and be proud of yourself and lovely brave horse.

star

Visit site
I saw you just the few fences after the water and you really had some horrid weather. I did feel for you, thought you looked like you were having a fun round, you looked like you were just aiming for a safe clear. It's such a shame when the weather is foul like that.
I am super impressed with Chris Burton - what a fab trainer to go that extra mile for you, does he travel as far as the SW to teach do you know?

Didn't see the point in running the legs off my horse to try and make the time when we had no chance of a placing and last year had gone so badly. Just wanted a nice, confidence giving round for both of us and I got that and hopefully we will build on this now. He's not the bravest horse and needs to feel like I am really sure about everything which was difficult in those conditions so am glad I didn't let him down.

Chris is an absolute gem. I am soooo glad I found him as a trainer. He has taken me from nervous wobbly jumper who added 10 strides into each fence to being confident round 1.10m. He helped me warmup at Goring Regionals but that didn't really involve much. Walking miles from his lorry to the Grassroots site in the pissing rain deserves a medal. I believe he will travel for clinics but as a rule he teaches from his yard as has so many horses to fit in riding.

googol

Visit site
Massive congrats. Another who knew from this that u were competing and was eagerly awaiting the report! Y do u think u might not b there next year? If u don't mind me asking

star

Visit site
Massive congrats. Another who knew from this that u were competing and was eagerly awaiting the report! Y do u think u might not b there next year? If u don't mind me asking

Well I don't have any Regional qualifications yet for a start but also questioning if I want to go back a third time or not, whether we will try to go up to Novice or not etc. A year is a long time away!

mil1212

Visit site
Wow, well done, the show jumping photos show the extent of the weather huh?! So pleased for you to have got there, never mind jump the coffin and come home clear. How fab of your OH and trainer too. Awesome!

Mickyjoe

Visit site
Seriously impressive, well done! I looked at the course photos last night and it looked really strong - much more like a Novice than a Pre Novice. Is that why the show jumping was 1m10 too - because it's a championships?

star

Visit site
Seriously impressive, well done! I looked at the course photos last night and it looked really strong - much more like a Novice than a Pre Novice. Is that why the show jumping was 1m10 too - because it's a championships?

Yes, XC was basically a Novice technicality at PN height and SJ like a Novice. Dressage was long arena and more technical than your average BE100 test. They made it tougher because it's a Championships.