Badminton thread!

Dunlin

Visit site
Me too teapot, she's always been my heroine and I'll treasure the day I went round her yard and met General Jock, she is such a lovely lady!

teapot

Visit site
Me too teapot, she's always been my heroine and I'll treasure the day I went round her yard and met General Jock, she is such a lovely lady!

She's local to me and she's a good friend slash colleague of someone I volunteer with. So got all the goss the other day :biggrin3:

apachediamond

Visit site
The pins are fantastic. Dread to think how that fall would have ended otherwise.

Look at the wind! Fingers crossed rain holds off.

Good luck Tina!

HihoGinger

Visit site
And another fall - poor poor horse and rider.

Too many falls for the amount of runners, but at least safety features have done their job and stopped some falls that could have been incredibly nasty!

But very few horse falls and that's the difference.

Replaying Flarup's fall. Absolutely hideous. The pin certainly seems to have saved the horse's life if not the rider's.

The safety features are amazing and really showing their worth this year.
Totally agree. It's uncomfortable viewing at times, but great to see the safety features really doing their job.
Ironic, that what looks to be the most serious injury so far was not caused by a fall :(

Good luck Tina!

starryeyed

Visit site
Update on Flying Finish:
Update from Lucinda - Christi has a small cut on his stifle which has been checked by two vets. I pulled him up immediately after the third element of fence five as soon as I felt him lame on his right hind. Vets checked him at the fence as he was holding his leg up. After assurance from the vets we hand walked him back to the stables where he has been washed and cleaned and seems very comfortable.
Great news, was very worried about him.

Dunlin

Visit site
Yep, I saw your location and wondered if you knew her. I used to live in W.Sussex (Steyning). Yay go Tina!!

HihoGinger

Visit site
Oh thank goodness

This from Lucinda's twitter

Update from Lucinda - Christi has a small cut on his stifle which has been checked by two vets. I pulled him up immediately after the third element of fence five as soon as I felt him lame on his right hind. Vets checked him at the fence as he was holding his leg up. After assurance from the vets we hand walked him back to the stables where he has been washed and cleaned and seems very comfortable.

ETA Beaten to it! Great news though.

What a shame for Tina :(