Badminton thread!

lindsayH

Visit site
I love David O'Connor. I've seen him at the Eventing Forum, twice I think, he really knows his stuff. I think he's one of the best coaches in the world. If I could have a lesson with anyone in the world it would be him.

frostyfingers

Visit site
When this is done what do you think the general consensus of this new course will be? I think what's interesting is the wide number of fences that are causing the problems, rather than just one or two which to me would be a possible course designer fault. On the other hand is it just too difficult for today's riders? Personally I think it's fair, bearing in mind that some of the finishers are possibly the less experienced ones (I say that guardedly as obviously to be there in the first place you have to be pretty damn good!).

Lexi_

Visit site
When this is done what do you think the general consensus of this new course will be? I think what's interesting is the wide number of fences that are causing the problems, rather than just one or two which to me would be a possible course designer fault. On the other hand is it just too difficult for today's riders? Personally I think it's fair, bearing in mind that some of the finishers are possibly the less experienced ones (I say that guardedly as obviously to be there in the first place you have to be pretty damn good!).

I've just been having this discussion on Twitter. I hope the course designer doesn't get too much criticism for it. It's big but I don't think it's unfair (and given what Tina Cook has just said in commentary, neither does she!). Quite a number of the falls have been rider error rather than tired horses etc.

armchair_rider

Visit site

Well everyone thought it was tough and they appear to be right. It looks like less than half will finish which is probably fewer than you'd want but the weather is a factor. Not many fall which is good - you wouldn't say it was dangarous

MegaBeast

Visit site

I agree its a fair test and yes it's causing problems but they're mostly spread out and the problems aren't painting an unpleasant picture.

I like what has been done to the course although whether the % of finishers will be considered acceptable is something else but it should be a true XC test.

frostyfingers

Visit site
Tina Cook said she felt it was a fair course, and David O'Connor's observation that it is the cumulative effect that can cause problems was interesting. I hope the designer doesn't get a hard time either.

teapot

Visit site
It's been a true 4* test and probably just seems worse given the lack of influence the last couple of years' xc day has had.