Badminton XC coverage is not live via the BBC red button this year

jnb

Visit site
Anyone know how to get radio or live updates from the Grass roots today please?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
saturday tickets are sold out now so good luck everyone getting Badders telly to work, hopefully we will all be able to enjoy it from our sofas :D
off to get Pimms supplies later on, have a mate coming round to watch.

teapot

Visit site
saturday tickets are sold out now so good luck everyone getting Badders telly to work, hopefully we will all be able to enjoy it from our sofas :D
off to get Pimms supplies later on, have a mate coming round to watch.

Mate and I are having an at home picnic!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I'm enjoying reading through the on line version of the printed paper programme that you can buy at the event. Really getting in the mood, now :).

Trot up starts 4.30pm.

Fingers crossed, as long as there are not technical glitches once the event starts, the Badminton tv coverage is looking good.

F5BDCEA2-01D4-4307-B969-02E01F3ACA09.jpeg

Last edited:

Northern Hare

Visit site
I'm enjoying reading through the on line version of the printed paper programme that you can buy at the event. Really getting in the mood, now :).

Trot up starts 4.30pm.

Fingers crossed, as long as there are not technical glitches once the event starts, the Badminton tv coverage is looking good.

Hi TP, I've been looking on the website but can't find a link to the programme - is it on FB please? :)

ETA, just found it on Badminton TV! :)

wishfulthinking

Visit site
I think this might be what we have to expect quality wise. My TV/computer and connection are fine for Zoom/Netflix/Kentucky streaming etc but this is very bad and the course walk video which is pre recorded was glitchy too.

Old school

Visit site
Given the window of opportunity they have had from the launch of Badminton TV to now, they should have had some test live items. Even if only a static camera on the course where they could analyse and assess performance. Disappointing preparation from the service. Hopefully they get their ac together. The LDKY3DE (is that correct) was great to watch.

wishfulthinking

Visit site
Oh it's back now. Might shoot them an email I guess but it's unlikely they'll be able to do anything. Hopefully the watch back option will be ok and they'll have it ready for Sunday!

TheMule

Visit site
I'm going to be seriously annoyed if that’s an indicator of what’s going to come over the next few days. It's also not yet available to watch on 'catch up'- I can’t watch most of the dressage live due to work so let’s hope they sort it out overnight and provide us with the service we paid for.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I was hoping to watch the trot up on catch up. Cant see it on there as yet, does anyone know if it will be available and when?aa

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I saw there was a statement apologising for the break in the live stream. They said it was the same company they've used in previous years to supply the feed to the BBC. I assume staff have changed in the two years since the last event.

They said it's not possible to get another company in before tomorrow but they hope to have resolved the problems.

I think we might get some interruptions tomorrow too.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I saw there was a statement apologising for the break in the live stream. They said it was the same company they've used in previous years to supply the feed to the BBC. I assume staff have changed in the two years since the last event.

They said it's not possible to get another company in before tomorrow but they hope to have resolved the problems.

I think we might get some interruptions tomorrow too.

If they do there will be lots of requests for refunds!!

TheMule

Visit site
All the content is meant to be available for a year so it should be able to be watched back at some point

I don’t want it in a year's time, I want it tonight! I don’t think that’s too unreasonable- it doesnt need any editing, it just needs uploading onto the site. That way we can actually follow the competition from home

TGM

Visit site
There is a video apology on the Badminton Horse Trials FB page. Part of it says:

"The trot up coverage was brought to you by the company that we have used for this in past years. However, from tomorrow all the action is being broadcast by the same company that has delivered our BBC production."

It is a little vague but I took it to mean that the rest of the coverage will be brought to you by the team who have produced the BBC production in previous years, which is different from the team that produced the very glitchy trot-up. I really hope so!

ponynutz

Visit site
Glad I didn't fork out now reading these - I very nearly did!
Think OP said BBC still doing a highlights for anyone who had issues.

But, no, agreed @TheMule should have what you've paid for!

Reactions: TPO

Escapade

Visit site
I don’t want it in a year's time, I want it tonight! I don’t think that’s too unreasonable- it doesnt need any editing, it just needs uploading onto the site. That way we can actually follow the competition from home

Badminton website says Once each livestreaming session has taken place during the event, you will be able to replay each session “soon after”
and
the event will be available in its entirety from 2200 on Monday
Clear as mud…

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Dont forget to hit record on Sunday, BBC2 from 2pm for just over 2 hours. The last few sj rounds are apparently live, highlights of xc etc being shown 1st.

According to some, the paid for coverage stops when bbc2 goes live towards the end of the programme..... def worth checking out.