Badminton XC coverage is not live via the BBC red button this year

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
The rain here is torrential, do you think there wil be some happy riders looking forward to some let up in the ground on saturday?
If it's raining up there of course.

crazyandme

Visit site
According to some, the paid for coverage stops when bbc2 goes live towards the end of the programme..... def worth checking out.

I'd rather hope not, as it is a little bit difficult when you don't live in the UK and can't access BBC coverage without use of a VPN and that is hassle I don't want/need!

Reactions: KEK

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I don’t want it in a year's time, I want it tonight! I don’t think that’s too unreasonable- it doesnt need any editing, it just needs uploading onto the site. That way we can actually follow the competition from home

Had that issue with the Haras du pin H+C stuff last year, they were a good day behind uploading vids if you weren't able to watch them live but wanted to do so when you got home from work.

TheMule

Visit site
Had that issue with the Haras du pin H+C stuff last year, they were a good day behind uploading vids if you weren't able to watch them live but wanted to do so when you got home from work.

H&C are always slow to upload, it's very frustrating
Pleased to see the trot up did get put up last night, let’s hope we have a good day today ?

Surbie

Visit site
The dressasge start time keeps shifting - I was hoping to see a couple before work kicked in properly. *stamps foot impatiently*

Surbie

Visit site
The extended trot isn't at the right angle for the camera imo, so that appears glitchy, but so far I don't have a problem.

Denbob

Visit site
Watching from the start now, the quality isn't great but that might be my internet! Very excited for today.

reynold

Visit site
Eventing is mainly a rural sport. Rural areas are generally the places that have poor broadband speeds.

Putting Badminton on line makes it unwatchable for many of those interested in the sport due to poor broadband speed. The news higher up the thread that Burghley is going the same way and will be on H&C and not on the Beeb is depressing.

I don't have the technology or the broadband speed to even consider paying to view online.

As for going in person I am covid-vulnerable and am still wearing a mask and have not visited anything for over 2 years. Even outdoors the crowds at the main events will be so packed at fences the covid risk will be similar to being indoors.

It will be interesting to see how many of you that have subscribed to the online feed get decent internet coverage, especially on saturday when XC is on and most subscribers will want to be online.

KEK

Visit site
So it's working for you guys? Trying to watch the one that says "live" now, when I click on it to watch it says "off air" :/

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Mines been ok so far and our breadband can be dodgy! I can't believe William Fox Pitt went the wrong way! Glad to see it happens to the best of them too!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I’m no expert but the difference in this horse and the last one seems huge. Barnaby seemed quite tight without much expression and this horse seems much more springy and supple and moving more freely. Is that just innate or is it trainable? I’d love to know what I’m looking at a bit more.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I’m no expert but the difference in this horse and the last one seems huge. Barnaby seemed quite tight without much expression and this horse seems much more springy and supple and moving more freely. Is that just innate or is it trainable? I’d love to know what I’m looking at a bit more.
some horses do just move in a more expressive or looser way , just watch them trotting around the field to see that. but you can train it to a degree, and tension will clobber it. I would hazard that a pure dressage rider might put more into training a better pace for dressage than an eventer might do... just because of the other work the event horse has to do which limits how much you'd be able to put into developing a dressagey way of going, and the amount of work needed to improve enough on what nature has given the horse, to see the result in your dressage scores.