Badminton XC coverage is not live via the BBC red button this year

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I don't see many happy horses at any level in pure dressage, and this is coming from a former affiliated dressage competitor :rolleyes:.

Watching the dressage at Badminton is like a breath of fresh air. I agree that it is a nice flowing test, which helps, and not one designed to trip the horses up. I particularly like the stretchy neck working canter circle for movement 23.

Denbob

Visit site
Typically the only time of the day I've got any meetings, right when Will, Ros, Pippa and Olly are due to go in. Gutted!

Away Cruising looked a bit on his toes for that, bit of a shame for Harry after having to withdraw on his last one. Hopefully tomorrow is smooth for them!

Reactions: TPO

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Ballaghmor Class looks quite thin. No criticism - I’m sure he’s in tip top condition! But I wonder how people decide what ideal weight for an event horse is?

Michen

Visit site
Ballaghmor Class looks quite thin. No criticism - I’m sure he’s in tip top condition! But I wonder how people decide what ideal weight for an event horse is?

Funny I thought the same! Bony! I'm sure just super fit but didn't notice the bones in the others lol

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Funny I thought the same! Bony! I'm sure just super fit but didn't notice the bones in the others lol

as soon as Lottie’s hips were visible I upped her feed. But maybe we are just not used to seeing bony event horses. Racehorses all are.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com

He's always been a pretty angular horse - and I think where he isn't actually the finest boned type, he probably does need to run up fairly light to be eventing fit. Agree he looks nearly old school fit for a long format 3 day perhaps ...

Michen

Visit site
He's always been a pretty angular horse - and I think where he isn't actually the finest boned type, he probably does need to run up fairly light to be eventing fit. Agree he looks nearly old school fit for a long format 3 day perhaps ...

Oliver is probably trying to avoid having to give him a few whacks to keep him going again ;)

He will be disappointed with that test I'm sure as he will have wanted to be up there leading the dr

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Seems like they are marking more harshly in this last session, I thought Ollie was marked a bit low, he had a square halt before the rein back and for some reason didn’t get the sort of marks that the ones in the first session got, there were a couple of 10’s then.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I’m not sure why but I don’t like the way this horse moves. Some strides just don’t look quite right

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
That was an awful halt. Surely more than 2 points worse than Olli’s! I don’t really understand the marking

teapot

Visit site
Bet Kylie's a great trainer. Lovely smile. Ashamed to say that I hadn't heard of her, and she's not long got her FBHS.

Really nice to watch.

Runs her own successful yard too; I occasionally see her where I ride while she was prepping for her fellowship.