Badminton XC day

teapot

Visit site
It's Harry Meade and Daisy Berkley (sp) not a fan of the combo, it's a bit too 'in house' in terms of commentary.

SpringArising

Visit site
You've got to try and look at press coverage, whether it's a newspaper or BBC2 on a Sunday afternoon, from a non horsey point of view. Eventing's in a far more precarious state at the top level of competition and championship than people realise, and nasty falls, especially ones that shouldn't have happened are not helping the cause imho.

But what you're saying there is, let's hide what really happens, to make the sport look better. And I don't agree with that at all.

teapot

Visit site
But what you're saying there is, let's hide what really happens, to make the sport look better. And I don't agree with that at all.

I disagree when the sport itself is trying to stop it happening! Also, when a sport relies on sponsorship to survive, you can't attract people in if the likes of Tappers' fa yesterday is on the front pages. I remember the fall out from the photos of Caroline Pratt's fall at Burghley.

Rugby certainly doesn't show repays of people being knocked out and they're under huge pressure when it comes to concussion injuries these days.

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I can see both sides, I wonder if they were going to include that they should have mentioned (I don't think they did) that she had been sanctioned?

teapot

Visit site

SpringArising

Visit site
I disagree when the sport itself is trying to stop it happening! Also, when a sport relies on sponsorship to survive, you can't attract people in if the likes of Tappers' fa yesterday is on the front pages. I remember the fall out from the photos of Caroline Pratt's fall at Burghley.

Rugby certainly doesn't show repays of people being knocked out and they're under huge pressure when it comes to concussion injuries these days.

'Funnily' enough I was standing at the fence where Caroline fell and it was awful seeing the screens go up.

We're doing a lot to improve but IMO we shouldn't try to pretend it's something it's not.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
He rode every stride of that didn't he!

It looks warmer today, I do believe they just cut to someone fanning herself!

teapot

Visit site
'Funnily' enough I was standing at the fence where Caroline fell and it was awful seeing the screens go up.

We're doing a lot to improve but IMO we shouldn't try to pretend it's something it's not.

There's still no need to show a fall that ended up with Badminton have to make a press statement about.

HashRouge

Visit site
I love watching Michael ride, but since he's had a fence down I sort of hope Ingrid will too as it would be amazing for Andrew to finally win!