Badminton XC thread

charlie76

Visit site
When the young girl fell off at mattingly they had to stop the event until there was a first aider in situ before re starting.If the medics are involved with the fall the they won't be able to re start until they are freed up.

Megan_T

Visit site
Yeah it was the rail into the sunken road. Poor girl. Hopefully they just need to take her for precautions seeing as she was unconscious for so long.

CalllyH

Visit site
There was. Really long pause at burghley xc when I went the other year rider taken to hospital but ok as far as I remember. Can't remember who t was now

MissSBird

Visit site
hehe so far had to explain to most people i know and the poeple i live with that badminton i am watching involves horses not rackets much to their confusion and amazement

thanks for the link :D

One of my colleagues keeps coming in asking me if a horse as been shot yet. I've given up trying to explain!

Ignition

Visit site
the problem is theres got to be a certain amout on ambulances and paramedics in attendance so if they are busy or have left to take someone to the hospital or helicopter then everything has to wait until they are back in position. it doesnt necessarily mean the injury is worse because of the amount of time taken to start the course back up. sorry for awful grammar i am writing on my phone!

MegaBeast

Visit site
they're off again in a moment so assume they don't wait for the air ambulance to return, was Ingrid taken off in the air ambulance as well after her fall?

teapot

Visit site
Just texted friend who's there to see if helicopter has landed/taken off again yet...

When the young girl fell off at mattingly they had to stop the event until there was a first aider in situ before re starting.If the medics are involved with the fall the they won't be able to re start until they are freed up.

There are usually about 2 medics and a para at each fence is I remember rightly. They'll get started pretty quickly.

Poles on top of the house one assumes are radio/satellite masts