Badminton XC thread.....

sasquatch

Visit site
I love Mulry's Error! Loved Clare Balding's little bit showing all the horses, and his huge feet. Does anyone know what breeding he is? I have a feeling someone was going on about Clydesdale's yesterday during his round. Just A Jiff is also a favourite of mine, I never realised exactly how small he is!

disappointed that the BBC don't have a way to watch all the showjumping like they did the xc, although I loved Harry Meade's commentary (and is it wrong part of me is hoping he doesn't compete at Badminton next year so we can have him commentating instead?)

best of luck to all riders in the showjumping today!

armchair_rider

Visit site
Wow, seeing the horses stood together shows just how small portersize just a jiff is! Tiny horse!

King Ida is gorgeous and the other horse had huge feet!

I'm surprised Jiff is 15.1, he looks even smaller next to the others.

Mulry's Error is half Clydesdale.

Harry Meade is doing commentary on Radio Badminton. I agree he's really good.

sasquatch

Visit site
I'm surprised Jiff is 15.1, he looks even smaller next to the others.

Mulry's Error is half Clydesdale.

Harry Meade is doing commentary on Radio Badminton. I agree he's really good.

that explains the huge feet! beautiful horse with some jump in him!

Jiff may have looked smaller as they went to him after King Ida, who is massive, however I do remember reading that Jiff was able to compete in the pony classes with Camilla when they were younger, so he may only be 15.1hh with shoes on :D

I loved Harry's insight and explaining of the xc course, he has a lovely voice to listen to too.

armchair_rider

Visit site
I've managed to get the radio going again on my kindle - it just keeps trying to load the page til it succeeds so if anyone else has one it might be worth trying it.

only_me

Visit site
How annoying!!!!

Not really, not everyone gets to see xc on the sat so nice to see some of xc. You still see the top few go sj!
I think it's a good format, would prefer less of the interviews but others like them & good for non-horsey as well. Just the way it is! :)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
yes, odd! They could red button the SJ for us though ;). Those that missed the XC could have recorded it :p. Unless you are poor like me :p.

only_me

Visit site
I'm more annoyed that I paid for feitv as I knew I was away on sat so couldn't watch on TV, yet fei TV didn't show it in UK!!
Luckily a friend taught me about hola so managed to see a bit during lunch :D

only_me

Visit site
He is awesome! He looks like he is really enjoying his wee trip around the park :p

Reminds me of mine personality wise, but at a much, much lower level lol.

sasquatch

Visit site
Mike Tucker's comments on if Mulry's Error has the 'quality' because he's part Clydesdale :O

the horse comes home full of running and is an absolutely fantastic jumper round xc, showjumping was maybe not the best round but he looked to have a lot of 'quality' to me!

when are they going to start the showjumping?
even if they showed all rounds redbutton or just online, it'd at least mean we get to see them!

SpringArising

Visit site
Can't help but feel that Rose should have retired. Horse looked shattered and the whole thing looked like an accident waiting to happen.

Dusty85

Visit site
I know- I really want to see the jumping but i don't think it will be for a while as we still haven't seen WFP, OT, JP etc etc

sasquatch

Visit site
Exactly, sadly we have lost Harry Meade. And Mike Tucker going on about the Hoys' divorce.

They didn't notice the blood on De Novo News yesterday either.

I think they did mention it, but I don't think it was Mike Tucker who said anything. Might have been Harry Meade or Ian Stark who said it looked like he'd grazed himself, and it didn't seem to be anything serious and left it like that.

there was one horse who fell who looked sore, are there any updates on the horses from yesterday who were withdrawn or elimintaed at all?