Badminton XC thread

Michen

Visit site
I sort of don’t think London 52 deserved his score, if didn’t look like an easy round compared to say classic Moët or VK and I bet he wouldn’t have made it inside if it wasn’t for the break. And I’m a huge fan of his!

Still that’s the luck of the draw and it’s been on their side today.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I had to re boot to get the sound back, very odd as I was no where near any controls so it couldn’t have been something I had done. Glad to see Maxine’s horse up and hopefully ok

Lexi_

Visit site
I sort of don’t think London 52 deserved his score, if didn’t look like an easy round compared to say classic Moët or VK and I bet he wouldn’t have made it inside if it wasn’t for the break. And I’m a huge fan of his!

Still that’s the luck of the draw and it’s been on their side today.

Yup, agreed. But it is what it is!

scats

Visit site
Could be for balance, the horse walked back to the stables without

I had a horrible heart stopping moment when all I could think of was Hickstead. Very glad to have been proven wrong.

Hicksteads final moments are forever etched in my brain.

Sounds like it’s been a dramatic cross country. Not watched it as didn’t subscribe, but not sure I would have wanted to given all the falls.

Wishfilly

Visit site
It has been stressful viewing at times (I am a bit behind). There are lots of tough tests towards the end of the course, and tiredness/stamina must be an issue.

I don't know exactly what the answer is. But it's interesting that piggy and Tina are saying that it's a huge step up for those doing a first 5*, but also that one day events aren't offering the right kind of early season prep.

Equally though, a lot of those who have had problems are quite experienced riders.

I don't know if the course should be slightly easier per se, but probably made safer in some way?

Parrotperson

Visit site
Is anyone else’s live stream stopping and not restarting? Happening to me every few minutes and I have to restart the whole thing. Been fine until five mins ago.

DiNozzo

Visit site
There was 11 eliminated on course in 2018, 4 in 2019 but more retired.

I don't think it's too bad on balance, statistically.

sasquatch

Visit site
Is anyone else’s live stream stopping and not restarting? Happening to me every few minutes and I have to restart the whole thing. Been fine until five mins ago.

Yep! Mine has been awful and keeps buffering.
Given that we’ve paid for it, you’d think if it’s an issue with lots of people watching it they’d have made sure that the stream was capable for large numbers

DirectorFury

Visit site
I've dropped the quality of my stream down to 360p (minimum) and it's still buffering but not as badly. I'm guessing loads of people have got home from a morning/afternoon with their horses and are logging on!

palo1

Visit site
Is it worth me forking out to watch it later?! Sounds pretty dramatic and quite stressful viewing...

Parrotperson

Visit site
Mines not just buffering. It’s completely dropping out! Takes me a hood minute to restart it again.

And I paid for this. I’m quite cross!