Badminton XC thread

DirectorFury

Visit site
Is it worth me forking out to watch it later?! Sounds pretty dramatic and quite stressful viewing...
Hmmm, I don't know that I'd bother tbh. There have been some really horrible falls, horse and human, and everyone seems to be finding the course quite hard work. Normally there are a few that you watch and really enjoy because it's just a complete masterclass but they've been few and far between so far today.

And oooooooooooooffff at the French guy who caught his kneecap right on the edge of the Vicarage V log ?. That must've bl00dy hurt!

Reactions: TPO

Parrotperson

Visit site
Ok. Seems better. It’d better stay better or I’ll be getting a bloody refund.

If you’re going to charge people it had better work perfectly.

Supertrooper

Visit site
I’m honestly not sure if I’ll watch the cross country. I’ll watch the dressage and the trot ups to use the subscription but don’t think I want to be watching nasty falls

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I toyed with paying the subscription fee but have no interest in the dressage (I'd have enjoyed watching past editions) but in the end couldn't justify £20.

If they'd done a say £5 day pass just for today I'd have happily paid

Sounds like I made the right decision based on people experiencing buffering. We have sky sports and occasionally the f1 very briefly freezes but it's rectified in seconds, i have no problem with that, I'd be annoyed at paying 20 quid for a streaming service, the red button coverage used to be fantastic

Reactions: TPO

Bruce17

Visit site
Been out all morning so only just started watching. Quality is terrible, is anyone's else's or is it my Internet? Very pixilated, looks like not filmed in HD at all . For £20 im fuming ? hope it's my Internet!

Lexi_

Visit site
And it’s not like it’s the less experienced riders falling off! I’m not sure about Hazel Shannon but everyone else has represented their country at championships.

Lexi_

Visit site
I toyed with paying the subscription fee but have no interest in the dressage (I'd have enjoyed watching past editions) but in the end couldn't justify £20.

Sounds like I made the right decision based on people experiencing buffering. We have sky sports and occasionally the f1 very briefly freezes but it's rectified in seconds, i have no problem with that, I'd be annoyed at paying 20 quid for a streaming service, the red button coverage used to be fantastic

Other than that 5 minute period at the end of Bubby Upton’s round it’s been absolutely fine ??‍♀️

ETA- it’s basically the same as the BBC coverage tbh! Mostly the same commentators and riders, and I think I read it’s the same company doing the behind the scenes tech stuff that used to supply the BBC feed?

Dunlin

Visit site
Really hacked off with Badminton TV. I rewound to the start after missing the first hour and all of a sudden the feed cut half way through Emily King's round and after ages restarted with Tim Price. Can't rewind and watch the 20+ riders I've now missed, what a load of rubbish.

Patterdale

Visit site

It’s been perfect all day bar about 3 minutes. And my internet is as rubbish as it gets, 3-4/minute max!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I think this is the effects of a few years of no/soft 5* courses. Definitely more falls than normal, but this needs to be an argument for keeping the standard high, not softening.

Making the course easier really isn’t the answer. Lowering the standard required lowers the standard coming forward.
In anything.

These are animals you realise? Making courses more complex and technical is one thing for the riders who get to walk it, analyse it, practise elements in isolation they think might come up at a particular event, but my issue with the evolution of eventing over the past 30 odd years is that it’s become grossly unfair on the poor bloody horses.